SAP Consultant – Singapore Jobs in Demand
What it Means to be a SAP Consultant
A SAP Consultant is a computer support specialists with expertise in designing different software solutions for business needs. The term SAP stands for Systems Applications and Products. With this software businesses can maintain and supply other management software, and manage all their financial, production, and employee records.
Technical sap consultant jobs in Singapore include programmers and software developers. Functional sap consultant jobs in Singapore focus more on financial developments. To start, SAP professionals may work 80 hours a week to learn all the individual SAP modules. Then, they go on to become IT Manager, assistant to a Senior SAP professional, or even self-employed. There is a high and growing demand for sap jobs in Singapore and for sap jobs in Singapore for foreigners as more new positions in this field are created.
Becoming a SAP professional takes a lot of commitment, dedication, effort, expertise and ability and there is no short cut for this. Many people are of the opinion that the SAP Certification would bridge this gap however, in fact, it is not. SAP Certification would probably give you a better marketability, however, it does not make you complete SAP professional No Certifications would. Hard work, continuous reading, flexibility, and passion for truly helping others by giving them your best guidance is the way someone becomes a true SAP professional.
A good, solid education is also very important in the SAP software industry. You must do more than just graduate or get an MBA. You should always try your best to reach farther your knowledge to levels higher than you’ve ever known. Be sure to take updated professional courses that challenge you. Then you will have the passion and spirit that makes you want to learn new skills, subjects, and software.
Duties and Responsibilities
A SAP professional must gain expertise in the modules of the SAP software. SAP software must be configured for every client’s specific needs. First, the SAP professional needs to understand exactly what a customer’s business needs are.
Customer service is one of the most important skills a SAP professional needs. You have to always be pleasant and ensure your clients are comfortable with you. Then, the consultant would need to know the customer’s issues with their software including any system limitations or requirements. After that it is up to the SAP professional to write programs and propose solutions that will improve the customer’s software and operations. This means that there are some things that a SAP professional has a responsibility to always know and that includes the ability to:
- Be current on the latest SAP offerings, updates and developments, so they can suggest the most up-to-date solution to the problem.
- Be knowledgeable in a variety of industries so they can recommend technical solutions that work.
- Be responsible for training qualified candidates them the skills needed to do the job of a SAP professional.
- Prepare documents in the way a project specifies
- Perform correct process analysis.
- Work with customers to consult about projects.
The Skills Needed
Many skills are required when it comes to being a SAP professional. The most important being that they have a variety of levels of technical information and know how to explain the difficult software solutions. Many more skills are necessary to the success of a SAP professional and they include:
- Having good experience with Java programs and analysis
- Being very knowledgeable of SaaS Environment
- Being very knowledgeable of SQL and TCP/IP networks
- A good understanding and knowledge of Widow based mobile devices
- Customer service
- Creating and challenging uploading tools
- Analytics of business
- Writing reports
- Managing people
- Managing projects
- A good SAP professional will know all about business process, which has to do with bank statement, credit note, debit note, invoice, good received note, inventory control, stock taking, balance sheet, profit and loss account, trail balance, purchase returns, production, planning, forecasting, budget, cash flow statement, cost sheet, funds flow, standard cost, marginal cost, fixed cost, materials, purchases, hedging, negotiable instruments, inter-bank clearing, banking operations, petty cash, etc.
- You will need to master configuration and understanding the impact of the business processes and projects.
- Communication skills are very important because this is how you can relate to each client and the main factor that can ensure success at your job as a SAP professional.
Salary Expectations in Singapore
In this industry, someone can earn up to $48,600 per year. If you are interested in sap jobs and live in Massachusetts, the District of Columbia, or California you can earn more: from $57,700 to $60,600 respectively. The lowest amount professionals in this industry earn is $29,000, and the highest amount sap fico salary in Singapore is usually $81,300 with it being possible to earn more. sap fico salary in Singapore
Finding SAP Consultancy Positions in Singapore
Professionals in this field have many resources available to them. Since the software often changes with updates, they can attend training classes and workshops. They can also keep updated by reading blogs and journals on the Internet that have recent information. There is an official SAP software website called SAP Software Solutions.
There is also plenty of help to get sap jobs available at the SAP Help Portal. Help is also available at the Service Market Place and the SAP Community Network which can both be found online. Those in the SAP profession have created a great platform they can be proud of. They manage to bring together tons of consultants all over the world.
Being a part of the SAP Community Network gives a SAP professional value, a way to gain knowledge, share knowledge, and be recognized. It is more than worth it to take advantage of all resources available in this industry so that you may become better both at your job and in your life.
Thank you so much for visiting Future Work. Please subscribe for daily job updates and to upload your CV. We often have SAP Consultant job ads posted on this site, so remember to bookmark us and return soon to find your dream job in Singapore.
SAP Consultant – Singapore Jobs in Demand