Ramesh Raman B.Tech , MBA
Ph. +91 9962086238 firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCED MARKETING MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
A Product Marketing Leader, with diverse work experience in product management, manufacturing, maintenance, process
development and supply chain, directing the efforts of personnel to meet customer needs and deliver a high quality product for the
Indian road transport industry, with a focus on optimization of resources. Give meticulous attention to quality and detail, with a
sense of urgency to get the job done on-time and meet organisational goals in a fast-paced environment. Participative and flexible
in approach and supports in creating a collaborative team environment, where each member can develop and play an active role in
marketing & operations management.
Areas of expertise include:
a. Product Marketing Management
• Go-To-Market Strategy • Competition Analysis • B2B Platform Theory • Sales Force Training & Development
• Root Cause Analysis •Jishu Hozen (JH) •Kaizen •5S
• Standardized Process Development •Team Management / Development •Genba Kanri
• Renault-Nissan Alliance Production Way (APW)
• 7 QC Tools •QC Story Approach •Poka Yoke
d. Supply Chain Management
• Purchase Order Management • Service Order Management • Logistics
WORK EXPERIENCE TOTAL: 8 Years 8 months (as on 1.08.2018)
COMPANY: FORTIGO NETWORK LOGISTICS PVT. LTD. (4TiGO), BENGALURU
(An Accel Partners & Mr. Nandan Nilekani funded B2B technology platform based logistics services company)
Role: Product Marketing Manager Sept 2016 – till date
Responsibilities • Product / Service Strategy formulation & implementation.
• Market Research (Internal & External), Competitor Analysis & Industry-Specific information
assimilation & Assessment, including field visits
• Planning, Development & Implementation of Sales Collaterals
• End-to-End Product / Service Financial Management (pricing, forecasting & budgeting)
• Organizational expertise development on road transport technology (technical know-how)
• Planning, Development & Implementation of general & segment / market specific Marketing Programs,
Including Digital Marketing.
• Customer Satisfaction Measurement, Analysis & Improvements
• Key Account Management
• Develop & Support strategic partnerships with key ecosystem players.
• Sales Force Training.
Key Learnings • Good understanding of the Indian road transport industry, its participants, ecosystem players, the
mechanics, data & money flows etc.
• Understood about platform thinking & platform-based approach.
• Understood the key initiatives taken by the government to uplift this industry (E.g: FasTag, GST,
National Highway Development Project (NHDP) etc.)
Achievements • Developed a Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy for 4TiGO
• Successfully planned & conducted a canter activity, where a branded canter was taken to key truck
parking hubs at Bangalore & the target audience was educated about our offering & enabling spot
• Key participant in development of new service offerings (TERMS & LTL).
• Provided inputs for development of the Hindi & Tamil version of the mobile app.
COMPANY: RENAULT NISSAN AUTOMOTIVE INDIA PVT. LTD., CHENNAI – 3 years , 1 Month
Role: Production Line Management, Power Train Plant – 2 May 2014 – August 2016
Responsibilities • Daily tracking of the production output, OEE and production losses for all lines in the Gearbox
(e.g : Loose & Fixed Gear, Shaft Machining, Housing & Crown Machining and Gearbox Assembly)
• Analysis of deviations from the monthly production & OEE plan & the associated losses.
• Prepare any other related management reports as may be deemed appropriate
• Installation, Testing of all workstations (e.g CNC Machines, Washing Machines, Leak Testers, Valve Seat
/ Valve Guide Pressing , Dowel Pressing, Cam Cap Bolt Tightening, Ball & Welch Plug Pressing etc.) for
Renault’s award winning car- The Renault Kwid.
• Design, Development & Implementation of all the line standard process, quality and safety documents
(e.g. : Standard Operation Sheet – SOS, Quality Check Sheet, Safety Standards & Check Sheets etc.)
• Ensure adherence to the KPIs defined in the Annual Objective Plan (AOP).
• Management & Periodic development (through on the job / special classroom training) of Semi-skilled /
skilled team leaders & operators, deployed in the machining line.
• Ensure defect-free product outflow to the Engine & Gearbox Assembly lines.
Key Learnings • Understood the steps in setting up of a new manufacturing facility, from a manufacturing perspective.
• Understood the importance of standardization, ergonomics & safety while setting up of a new machine
for mass production applications.
Achievements • Monitored & Completed various trial & installation milestones on-time.
• Selected on special deputation to the Genba Kanri department of the Manufacturing Planning Strategy
Office (MSPO). Studied the historical GK audit reports and made some recommendations, earning
appreciation from the top management of the Power Train division which were appreciated by the Vice-
President of the Power Train division.
• Helped to improve the OEE substantially.
Role: Machining Process Quality, Power Train Plant – 1 July 2013 – April 2014 (10 Months)
Responsibilities • Ensure adherence to process standard (SOS) by conducting planned audit of each of the 4C (Cylinder
Head, Cylinder Block, Crank Shaft & Cam Shaft) production lines in the Power Train division at
• Identification of process deviation by line operators and recommendation of corrective actions.
• On defective product outflow, conduct cross-functional countermeasure meetings to decide on possible
root cause(s) and identify concrete countermeasures, both on origin & outflow prevention, thereby
ensuring Ensure Zero-Defect outflow to Engine Assembly.
Key Learnings • Saw the practical implementation of the concepts learnt during the APW Training
• Understood the importance of cross-functional approach in problem solving.
Achievements • Monitored & Ensured implementation of the countermeasures, preventing recurrence of similar
concerns, as observed in subsequent audits.
• Used the experiential learning to prevent recurrence of similar defects in the new plant
COMPANY: VISHARAD CONSULTANCY SERVICES PVT. LTD., BENGALURU
Role: Supply Chain Management Practice May 2010 – May 2011 (1 Year)
Responsibilities • Undertook a study of the Materials Management System for a low-cost housing company.
• Participated in a programme to codify the entire inventory, using NIST UNIFORMAT coding scheme.
• Integration of the VICO Office – Construction Planning System with the Inventory System
Key Learnings • Good appreciation of the importance of a logical and structured part numbering system.
• Overview of the material requirement system for the construction industry
Achievements • Developed a part numbering system for the client that was appreciated and used in all future projects of
COMPANY: ESSAR GROUP, ENERGY (OIL & GAS) BUSINESS, ANDHRA PRADESH
Role: Offshore Oil Rig Operations Apr 2008 – Apr 2010 (2 Years)
Responsibilities • On-the-job rig experience – overhaul of Shale Shaker, Rig Crane and periodic preventive maintenance of
rig main engine
• Managed end-to-end procurement function for critical mechanical rig equipment
• Expedited the service order processing spanning Service Requisition, Work Order issue, Purchase
Ordering (if necessary), Material Receipts and Material Acceptance
• Point of Contact for third party service engineering tasks execution
Key Learnings • Independent handling of rig equipment
• A thorough understanding of the procurement process from order to delivery
• Exposure to purchase and logistics function
Achievements • 100% on-time delivery and order through a smooth order process and active follow up by visiting the
workshop (if necessary).
• Part of the team that ensured Zero Lost Time to Injury (LTI) during the year 2009-2010 both on the rig as
well as on-shore.
• Created a vendor database and a Service Order tracking mechanism using Microsoft Excel.
Role: Onshore Oil Rig Refurbishing Operations Nov 2007 – Mar 2008 (5 Months)
Responsibilities • Mechanical Engineer on “Essar Wildcat” semi-submersible offshore oil rig.
• Project Supervisor responsible for ensuring adherence to project timelines and safety standards
• Liaised and managed relationships with third-party contract employees working on the project
Key Learnings • Understanding of the processes involved in refurbishing the rig
• Exposure to rig operations – Parts, Assembly, Sub-assembly, Functions etc.
Achievements • Contributed significantly to successful, on-time project completion
Role: Graduate Engineer Trainee – Mechanical Aug 2007 – Oct 2007 (3 Months)
Responsibilities • Underwent a structured, cross-functional technical training program.
• Rotated across 13 units at Essar’s state-of-the-art oil refinery
• Extensive general and practical orientation to operations, functional departments and Health & Safety
Key Learnings • An understanding of the oil refining process and procedures
• Exposure to processes in crude oil refining like Crude/Vacuum Distillation, Diesel Hydro desulphurization,
Sulphur Recovery, Ammonia recovery etc.
Achievements • Successfully completed the Training Program and got confirmed as a full-time employee of Essar Oil.
COMPANY: TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR MOTOR PRIVATE LIMITED, BENGALURU
Management Intern (Part of MBA Program) April 2012-May 2012 (2 Months)
Project Description Measure the effectiveness of different media used by various Indian automotive companies, in their
Key Learnings • Understood the campaign effectiveness metrics used by automotive companies in India.
• Learnt that the internet and social media are the media of the future.
• Learnt of the latest media trends from Cannes 2012.
• Undertook a survey among 50 residents of Bangalore, who have purchased a new vehicle in the
last 1-2 years to understand their media habits and purchase circumstances
COMPANY: BOSCH INDIA LIMITED, BENGALURU
Project Intern (Part of B.Tech Program) Dec 2006 – May 2007 (6 Months)
Project Description Process Improvement of the Finish Match Grinding Process
Key Learnings • Quantifying and measuring the current First Pass Yield
• Analysis and Quality Tools: Pareto Analysis, Ishikawa/Fish-bone Diagram
• Identified dominant causes and suggested corrective measures and control process
• Suggested ten action items which were implemented by Bosch
• Quantifiable benefits and increment in output was observed at the end of the project
COMPANY: FORD INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, CHENNAI
Project Intern (Part of B.Tech Program) May 2006 – Jun 2006 (1 Month)
Project Description Windshield Scrap Reduction for Ford Ikon, Ford Fiesta and Ford Fusion models
Key Learnings • Root-cause analysis of cracks and defects in the windshield manufacturing process
• Detailed study of wind shield fitment process
• Preventive measures to minimize cracks and defects
• In-depth understanding of windshield fitment process
• Methods to inspect and analyze windshield stress
• Successfully identified the root cause for defects and cracks
• Suggested corrective measures for defect reduction through improved resin application
MBA PROJECTS – PARTIAL LIST
• Retail: Study Report based on One day visit to Titan’s Helios retail store operations in Bangalore
• Market Segmentation: Analysis of the Strategies for Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs) and Contact Lenses
• Branding: An Analysis of the brand revamping strategy of Britannia Industries Ltd.
• Strategy: SWOT Analyses of Tata Motors & Toyota Motor Corporation
• Consumer Behavior: A Report on Comparative effect of consumer loyalty programs on gender.
• Sales & Distribution: A Report on the Comparative analysis of marketing channels of Nike and Bata
• Supply Chain Management: An Analysis of the SCM Practices at Amul
DEGREE YEAR UNIVERSITY SPECIALIZATION
MBA 2011- 2013 VIT Business School, VIT University, Vellore Marketing (Major) & Operations
B.Tech. 2003- 2007 VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India Mechanical Engineering
CERTIFICATION / TRAINING & EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Participated in a 2-day “Digital Marketing” course organized by Ministry of Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of
• Participated in a one-day “Business Simulation Game” workshop conducted by Mantis Consultants, New-Delhi.
at VIT University
• Participated in a one-day “Excellence in Store Operations” workshop conducted by the Retailers Association of India (RAI) at
• Hobbies and Interests – Music, Cricket, Badminton and Squash, Networking & Travelling.
• Language proficiency : English, Hindi and Tamil (reading, written & spoken) ; Kannada and Telugu.(spoken)
• Permanent Address: A-404, Renaissance Temple Bells, 25/1 Industrial Suburb, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru – 560022
• Contact No.(R) : 9962086238
• Date of Birth: 06/10/1985
• Passport Details: Passport No.:K1702566, valid till 3/11/2021
• Current Salary drawn: Rs.860000 p.a CTC