T: +44 7868 9958 21/ Email : email@example.com
Jun 16 – Nov 18 Lloyds Banking Group, London, UK
Job title: Financial Promotions & Marketing manager (Control Function)
· Collaborated with sales, legal, marketing, compliance teams and agents to review and approve of Bank’s financial promotions materials in time with tight schedule to ensure that our work meet financial regulatory requirements, internal policy and procedural guidelines.
· Provided control support to senior management teams by producing monthly MI & reports to show about the performance of their work.
· Often identified, investigated and analyzed the error occurred through previous approval and corrected through the appropriate channel.
· Produced a data analysis on monthly data to identify the error trend from each team and provided feedback/report to senior management team.
· Constantly doing in house training to keep up with current legal, compliance and regulatory knowledge in financial industry.
· Hosted weekly meetings to update the current progress of our team work and company’s news.
Jun 17 – now Bella and Baby Ltd, UK
Job title: CEO
Applying the skills and knowledge of finance and business gained from past jobs and various degrees, I developed a mobile app which focuses on early year education for users who look after children from 0 -18months old. The app has been successfully launched into Apple store June 2018 and received an ChunHui Innovation and Entrepreneur Chinese Oversea Scholar Competition award in December 2018.
Jan14 – Jun 16 Maternity break
· Set up a horticulture and cosmetic business.
· Organized two pregnancy fashion shows.
July12 – Dec13 University of Cambridge
Studied a full time MBA degree
Nov10 – Dec11 Noble Europe Ltd, London, UK (Asia’s largest commodity trading company)
Job title: Operations Executive (Aluminum)
· Managed shipments of 4000+ tonnes metals monthly. Accountable for the integrity of the entire end-to-end business process for clients such as Rio Tinto, Mitsubishi.
· Effectively negotiated business terms with banks and clients. Ensured a smooth operation through liaising with Accounting, Treasury and VAT depts. Oversaw clients’ credit lines (worth $20 m).
· Resolved customer’s damage claims with positive interpersonal skills to exceed their expectations.
· Innovatively designed an office file system to greatly improve the searching process.
Aug08 – Feb11 Trafigura Beheer B.V., Luzerne, Switzerland (World’s second largest oil and metals trading company)
Job title: Refined Metals Operations (Copper, Aluminum)
· Managed $160m shipments via sea, truck and rail annually. Issued $ 20m P/L monthly.
· Prioritized and handled complex logistic and financial issues with 200+ emails daily. Handled the heavy load of tasks independently and accurately in times of high pressure
· Drew up contracts to suppliers and sellers. Supporting Letter of Credit negotiations with banks and counterparties according to contract terms.
· Instructed transportation companies, warehouses and local authorities in 10 different countries in terms of issuing and taking releases to and from international warehouses. Arranging for inspection of traded products.
· Declaring pricings and hedge price risks
· Issued documents for international transports by sea, rail, barge and truck. Insuring the cargo and transports.
· Took pricing orders from clients on the London Metals Exchange (LME).
· Maintaining various internal reports such as credit lines, exposures, debtor, shipping and cash flow forecast.
· Working closely with Traders and interacting with Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Risk and VAT departments. Co-ordinated with colleagues in 8 international offices to deal with multiple issues in a fast-paced business environment.
July07 – July 08 Tradition Financial Services, London, UK (World’s third largest broker of financial products)
Job title: Financial Broker (Front Office)
· Identified and built new business with 4 Chinese Banks at the first month on the desk.
· Worked and gained experience in 6 financial products desks such as Options, Interest Swaps, Bonds and Cables. Closed a €3 billion loan on the Euro Desk.
· Logged in details of each deal made by other brokers into the system. Used my IT skills to program an application in Excel to help brokers calculation their profits.
Feb 2019 – Current Cambridge Sparks
Subject: Applied Data Science
Skills: Python (Pandas, NumPy, SQLAlchemy, SciPy, Seaborn), Data Management(MongoDB), Machine learning, Neo4j.
2012 – 2013 University of Cambridge, UK
MBA at Judge Business School
Major: Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement, Statistics, Economics, Organisation Behaviours and Negotiation.
2005 – 2006 London School of Economics, London, UK
MSc in Applied Mathematics
Triple major: Economics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Programming (Java)
2002 – 2005 University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
BSc in Computer Science (2:1)
· President of Chinese Society, led a group of 10 committees and 200 members
· Organised two Chinese New Year Gala which attracted more than 300+ audiences
Skills Python, Java, C++, Matlab, customer service, start-ups, Lean Six Sigma(Green belt) .
· Second Round Finalist of 2010 CCTV (China Central Television) National Fashion Design Contest
· Set up a start-up company and received an innovation award from Chinese government
· Certificate in Management Consulting Essentials by Institute of Consulting, UK