VP, Solution Architect
Posting Date: 13-Nov-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Analyze, Design & Implement enterprise Market Data requirements catering primarily to Market Risk & Product Control business
• Work alongside with vendor consultants on product design, architecture insights & improvements, future product roadmap
• Design & build required solution for efficient usage of Market Data for critical & strategic Market Data projects
• Work along & liaise with Technical Delivery Manager for product solution delivery throughout entire SDLC phases of project delivery.
• Guide & partner in-house team on specifications, build, delivery testing, and implementation.
• Responsible to analyze & deliver non-functional requirements like security, reliability, performance, maintainability, scalability, and usability.
Technical & Functional Skills & Experience
• Design & architecture experience on one of the prominent Enterprise Market Data Vendor system. NeoXam Data hub experience is highly preferential
• Experience using hands-on development in vendor enterprise data management system with
• – Vendor’s proprietary scripting/coding language
• – Scripting languages like Java-script, Python, VBA
• Techno-functional expert to analyze Market Data requirements and formulate technical design & functional documents.
• Strong technical knowledge and/or platform knowledge of NeoXam Data Hub Product
• Experience in designing & implementing large-scale, highly available applications or other large project implementation
• Must have practical experience on Front to back technologies including RDBMS preferably MS SQL server
• Performance tuning for the system to exceed SLAs and OLAs
• Experience in service-oriented technologies
• Proven result-oriented person with a focus on delivery
• Experience in actual systems development work, with prior coding, functional specifications and technical specifications and systems development and testing experience (in aggregate no less than 8 years)
• Good understanding and experience in software development cycle
• Highly effective communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
• Good problem solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
• Architecture certifications like TOGAF is a plus
• Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous like FRM although not mandatory
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.