Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank’s operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
About the role
With customer centres in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, China and India, the Regional Customer Centre team focuses on driving operational best practices to gain synergies and a competitive advantage as we embark on our regional journey. The incumbent will oversee the Strategic Project portfolio; which includes (but not limited to):
1. Support the RCC team to develop a sound strategy for transforming CCs into futuristic digital units on a regional level
2. Able to break the strategy down to tactical plans & projects involving people, processes & technology to put in place to execute the strategy
3. Able to innovate and bring new ways of work into the CCs across the region
4. Support the CCs in being focus, efficient and cost effective
5. Able to work with different CCs across the ensure adoption of best practices and standardization
6. Bring the CC team together as a community of practitioners with common goals
7. Review and implement key milestones & relevant KPIs to measure success of projects
8. Drive RED (Respectful Easy Dependable) Customer Service
9. Drive best practices in People Recruitment, Onboarding, Engagement & Retention
Strategic Projects Management
– Lead, participate and/or execute Regional CC Projects and Initiatives within timeframe and budget across the Region.
– Work closely with project team members, tech, CC stakeholders to develop and execute project plans and associated project content.
– Ensure that CC needs are well captured, and CC is well represented in the project.
– Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
– Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and with stakeholders if necessary.
– Track project milestones and deliverables.
– Develop and deliver project-specific content (including but not limited progress reports, requirements documentation, process / call flow charts and presentations).
– Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
– Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
– Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
– Keep management and project sponsors abreast of project developments – set up periodic reviews and prepare relevant documents to communicate progress.
– Ensure that projects are developed with a regionalization view in mind. E.g. software licenses negotiated to be on a regional level.
Pre-project scoping and business case management
– Able to understand the building blocks of the transformation journey towards digital CCs of the future
– Able to scope the tactical plan & projects as well as drive benefits & business cases involving people, processes & technology to achieve above
– Able to articulate & communicate the plans, projects, associated benefits & business cases to management as across the organization in general
– Able to quantify the benefits & develop a ROI in the accordance to DBS process & practice to deliver a holistic business case.
Develop digital mindset and actively champion Joyful Banking
– Constantly look for opportunities to drive digital agenda
– Establish a framework for tracking projects and SCM saves across all regional countries.
– To be one of the key members to help regional customer centre head to drive innovation agenda and build our future customer centre
– Lead and coach digibank team to meet service level agreement and all related metrics on CC scorecard to deliver bespoke RED experience to our customers.
– Share best practice and support development on CC management including recruitment, training, forecasting & scheduling, ops management, project management and staff engagement, to achieve operational efficiencies.
– Support and coach demand management strategy on DFNO concept. Work closely with local team to develop demand initiatives to achieve the SCM objective.
– Ensure that digibank team adopt and align all practices (including alignment of all reporting standards) in accordance to the requirement as per OStP handbook.
• Min. Degree qualified
• Min 10 years’ experience in operations preferably in a call centre environment; skilled in operations, risk management, project management and SCM
• Experienced in management reporting and analytics.
• Prior experience with analytical tools like QlikView, SQL etc is an advantage
• Good presentation, analytical and articulation skills
• Ability to communicate well in English. Regional dialects such as Cantonese, Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia / Malaysia is an advantage in order to work with stakeholders who speak other dialects or languages.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.