Posting Date: 06-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
UOB’s Security Operation Center (SOC) is hiring a Singapore-based GSOC manager. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in incident response, malware analysis, and intrusion detection in the SOC environment. The candidate will manage daily operations of a 24x7x365 SOC and respond to security incidents in a large and complex IT environment.
• Managing and directing SOC operation
• Manage SOC workflows, improve productivity and meet established SLAs
• Manpower staffing, shift strategy and planning
• Manage and monitor performance of SOC operations
• Development, maintenance and enhancement of SOC processes
• Preparation of SOC management and statistical reports
• Management of security incident response
• Staff supervision and administration
• Collaborate with shift analyst to provide tactical and strategic direction for the Security Operations Center (SOC) staff, program development and maturity roadmap
• Develop an operational support plan for the sustained success of the team
• Stay current on the latest threats and vulnerabilities to ensure operational tools and processes are up to date
• Collaborate with security architecture, engineering, operations, and incident response to ensure effective SOC monitoring is implemented for all environments
• Work closely with peer organizations to ensure incident response plans from SOC are up to date and are effectively utilized and monitored
• Facilitate strong collaborative relationship with various organizational teams, both internal and external, to meet annual goals
• Maintain and update all relevant documentation (procedures, tickets, etc).
• Perform oversight to ensure the quality of the work from the analysts
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Security, or equivalent.
• Professional security related qualification (e.g. SANS GCIA, GCIH, CISSP etc) will be favorable although not mandatory
• Minimally 5 years of relevant working experience in a SOC of which 2 years in the capacity of a SOC manager
• Hands-on experience in monitoring, triage analysis and incident management of real time security events
• Hands-on experience in the setup of SOC performance management framework
• Hands-on experience in the management and mentoring of a team of SOC security analyst
• Hands-on experience as part of an Computer Security Incident Response Team(CSIRT) and familiar with Computer Security Incident Response Framework
• Hands-on knowledge in the operation of Security Information Event Management System (SIEMS), Breach Detection System and Network Forensic System
• Technical background in Unix/Linux/Windows administration, Internet protocols (TCP/IP), security concepts on threat & countermeasure and web security technology
• Strong technical background in vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tool
• Extensive knowledge of Cyber security
• Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skill
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.