Posting Date: 24-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Minimum 12 years of experience working in IT in Technology solutions or support service delivery in the banking industry
• 8-10 years’ solid experience in Java/J2EE, MQ, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, WebLogic, Web Service, JBoss, Oracle, UNIX & Microservices environment
• Experience in writing scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
• Ideally certified with ITIL
• Domain knowledge in Credit / Loan Origination (Consumer/Retails/Corporate loans) is preferred
• Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning and cost optimization
• Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead
• Strong team player with management skills. Flexible and being able to manage time effectively
• Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Experience in leading Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
• Ability to technically analyse problems encountered with these systems and employing technical skills to overcome them
• Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise
• Design and deliver solution for reliability, stability and consistency. Passion to achieve efficiency/predictability through automation and engineering
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations and lead by example
• Proven ability to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels of management in a clear, concise manner
• Strong problem-solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
• Self-motivating and delivery-focused individual
• Ability to understand the big picture – can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.