The ideal candidate will be very hands-on and will dive deep into the root causes of any issues and blockers. You will be responsible for building algorithms specific to the domain that you will be assigned to. At your level, you will be partnering and collaborating with PICs across functions to lead specific projects.
There are currently 4 domains under Lazada Data Science – of which you will be assigned to one:
Seller & Operation Business: including campaign product selection, pricing, product tagging, matching and recommendation, etc. to boost seller and platform growth.
Promotion Business: including the design, development and optimization of promotion scheme generation, promotion recommendation, promotion distribution, performance prediction and analysis.
Logistics: including smart routing, parcel volume prediction, smart manpower arrangement, and deeply responsible for algorithm optimizations for business scenarios (first mile, last mile, and long haul)
Customer Insight Analytic Business: including analysis of customer related data insights using machine learning solutions, supporting data driven decision making for customer experience improvement, and building BI automation & solutions to monitor and evaluate business performance across entire customer journey.
Other activities which you will be involved in include:
• Keeping up to date with the state-of-the-art research and integrated applications on deep learning, recommendation, optimization, reinforcement learning, transferring learning, amongst others.
• Continually improving algorithms to adapt to evolving business requirements, and ensuring high efficiency, scalability as well as good coding style.
• Regular communication across teams/functions and updates to relevant stakeholders on progress of projects.
• Exploring possible new and better innovations by writing patents and top level papers.
Required skills and attributes:
• Passionate about technology
• Demonstrate ability to generate new ideas and innovations
• Keen self-learner and comfortable with out-of-the-box and essential problem solving
• You are able to work independently, proactively with a strong spirit of teamwork
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to stakeholders