Posting Date: 04-Feb-2021
Location: Cecil Street, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Reporting to the Department Head of Credit Administration and Control – Credit Control Wholesale, you will assist in overseeing the smooth operation of the department effecting credit compliance, security documentation as well as credit cum collateral processing and smooth delivery of projects affecting the department. Apart from monitoring risk controls and ensuring compliance with the Bank’s credit policies and statutory provisions, you will be expected to lead and involve in talent development of the team. You will also champion the operation service model and projects initiatives to constantly seek out improvements for existing and future services and processes to achieve operational excellence.
• Lead and manage the processing team which includes credit operations and projects delivery.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations and projects of wholesale & retail credit operations as well as processing of legal and security documentation.
• Demonstrates functional and technical expertise required to perform core aspects of the job.
• Able to formulate system and work processes and process improvements for a holistic approach to operational and projects’ requirements.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure successfully delivery of systems, work processes, process improvements and projects’ initiatives.
• Manage projects undertaken by Department in accordance with agreed project terms and ensure successfully implementation within agreed time frame and budget.
• Bachelor degree in related discipline.
• At least 8 to 10 years’ experience in wholesale and retail lending, credit, treasury and trade operational processes and possesses areas of expertise in retail credit operations, regulatory and legal compliance.
• Equip with functional and technical expertise required to perform core aspects of the job, including sound knowledge of lending, credit, treasury and trade financing, regulations and legal guidelines.
• Proven track record in managing a sizeable operation team with strong exposure to both retail and wholesale credit lending, and knowledge of relevant application systems.
• Well-developed leadership, communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives and to work under challenging and demanding circumstances to meet deadlines.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.