VP, Business Delivery & Change Management, Group Retail
Posting Date: 22-Nov-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Group Retail, Transformation & COO Office
The Transformation & COO Office is the enabler to achieve the business goals across the 3 business units of Group Retail – Personal Financial Services, Business Banking and Private Banking.
Group Retail has 13 strategic programs that cover customer touchpoints (digital and omnichannel), core product capabilities (cards, wealth, business banking) in addition to data and productivity programs. Each program has embarked on the new ways of working which is on the journey to develop empowered, cross-functional teams.
The Transformation Office is the central role that maintain the cadence with each program, and brings together the interdependencies across programs.
• Report to the Head of Business Delivery & Change Management, who oversees the technology needs and budget of retail business segments such as Private Bank, Retail Bank and Cards, parameter and business finance.
• Responsible for understanding the technology and operations needs of Retail and Private Bank Business and in collaboration with Group Technology and Operations (T&O)
• Provide end-to-end solutions that ensure segment-product-channel needs are optimally met
• Provide thought leadership and assist the business users in requirements gathering, specification and documentation
• Meet key milestones of T&O initiatives based on agreed scope, priority, budget and timeline and proactively manage and resolve T&O issues that may impact business drivers independently. In other words , good project Management skills.
• Work with local (Singapore) and regional countries in the capacity of a Regional Specialist and Advisor. Geographical coverage includes Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and China.
• Minimum a recognised degree in Banking, Business Management or IT
• Minimum 3 years of experience in such similar role in a related industry (e.g. Private Banking, Retail Banking services, Consulting Firms, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience in Retail (namely consumer and SME business banking) and Private Bank is a must.
• Good knowledge of cards will be an advantage.
• Able to take on some group administrative tasks. Eg. contingency planning, call tree, etc.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, good writing and presentation skills
• Knowledge in system project management is a must.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.