Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank’s operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
What we are looking for
To manage the delivery of complex multi-disciplinary projects within agreed time and budget constraints. To work with users and stakeholders as well as cross-function teams, to determine and manage effective solutions to facilitate the delivery of IT Delivery projects.
• Deliver initiatives and/or projects in DBS across all countries
• Strategic Project Governance
– Work closely with and manage indirect teams from each domain, team members, tech, and stakeholders to monitoring, develop and execute project plans and associated project content.
– Track project milestones and deliverables. Implement and track key milestones & relevant KPIs to measure success of projects.
– Keep management and project sponsors abreast of project developments – set up periodic reviews and prepare relevant documents to communicate progress.
• Drive project and program delivery
– Responsible for ensuring project delivery on time on schedule and with quality
– Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
– Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program, projects and project management community and with other stakeholders if necessary.
– Resolve issues at the project or line level and escalate issues which cannot be resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage key stakeholders and business and technology leads
– Manage and communicate effectively with domain leads at senior level and working level teams.
– Responsible for ensuring project steering committee meetings, cross function meetings and other key project meetings are effective and achieve objectives on a consistent manner.
• Change management
– Ability to drive the adoption of agile methodology across teams
– Able to work with users to drive changes within the organization for projects implementation
– Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management. Ensure utilization of standards and practices across all projects.
Job Duties & responsibilities:
• Work closely with stakeholders and manage both internal and external relations through the project timeline;
• Analyse requirements and define scope of project as well as objectives to ensure that they are technically feasible;
• Negotiate with users and stakeholders as necessary;
• Perform financial management and budgeting for projects;
• Allocate resources including internal manpower and external vendors for the delivery of the project;
• Track project progress according to milestones and goals, and manage possible risks;
• Ensure quality assurance in the software engineering process;
• At least 5 years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools
• A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
• Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and project team
• An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
• An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
• Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management
• Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement
• Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality
• Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.