Posting Date: 25-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Infrastructure, Middleware and database Management
• Part of the Application Infra team for the bank’s corporate e-channel platform, responsible for the Test and Production Infrastructure, database, middleware, HSM delivery, upgrade and maintenance for the department
• Develop and maintain a robust and responsive infrastructure that is not only scalable but also conforms to security and performance standards
• Ensure key aspects of application architecture details are captured through models, documentation and code as applicable
• Collaborate with IT Engineering on server, network, storage, database and other infra -related matters
• Design and work with Production Support team on the disaster recovery procedures
• Upgrade/Patch in accordance with Corporate obsolescence and patch management framework
• Provide server and application environment setup, configuration and optimization services liaising with multiple teams within the bank for following services (Network, Web, Application, Middleware, Datebase, Security, Monitoring and Backup Services)
• Participate and contribute to the department’s DevOps framework to achieve automation on infrastructure and application setup and packaging
• Ensure infrastructure/application infra solution is compliant to bank’s standards; Avoid unnecessary audit findings or resolve findings within given timeframe
• Investigate and resolve infrastructure, middleware, database and deployment issues and provide technical support and troubleshooting
• Maintain relationship with internal stakeholders
• Maintain contractual engagements with strategic vendors including offshore outsourcing
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.