Posting Date: 19-Nov-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• To Support Front office Trading, Batch and its upstream /downstream across one or more asset classes within the production support team
• To facilitate the business engagement, and to provide proactive, timely, effective and efficient support to the business users.
• To own all issues, and incident communication to stakeholders and senior management
• To assist any initiatives in his/her space, and work with the development team(s) to develop solutions for the users.
• To assist the relationship with the vendors within his/her space
• Work with other support team(s), ensuring the respective teams provide proactive, timely, effective and efficient support to users
• Participate in the support activities, and owns all issues and projects
• Ensure the team(s) adopt any operational workflow and processes, i.e. timely ticket, defect and incident loggings, proper change management process, and quality issue/impact emails
• Ensure control disciplines are followed within the team(s), e.g. change standards and release processes
• Ensure all issues are proactively managed – escalate issues as appropriate to necessary teams and management
• Analyse, identify the root cause, and route issues to proper teams and resolve issues and resolution to closure
• Participate and collaborate with the development team(s) in requirements gathering, clarification, and analyse impacts on issue or users requirements.
• Ensure each team is proficient to support all applications within their support space, and more than 1 person is capable of supporting each application by embarking into cross training programme within the team.
• Participate in testing of any enhancement or bug fixes delivered by development team(s) or vendor
• Create and provide Murex environment wherever necessary with Environment Team
• Participate in any Roll Swap activities or infrastructure related upgrade
• Degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines.
• 10-15 years of hands on application support experience in the banking industry and 5-8 years in team management experience.
• Good understanding of treasury market business, i.e. Derivatives, FX and Fixed Income products.
• Good understanding of front to back operations, i.e. settlement, risk, finance and accounting.
• Independent, proactive and self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical and good problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Good functional and technical knowledge of MUREX and its MXML workflow, Datamart, Feeder and EOD reporting
Good to have :-
• Good understanding of ITIL methodology
• Experience in working with some of these technical platforms or programming languages – Unix, Oracle, Sybase, C++, and Scripting.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.