Posting Date: 15-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Systems Analysis Lead/ Solution Lead:
• Devise and own the functional/capability roadmap for Enterprise Workflow (Scanning, Imaging and Workflow)
• Study/Evangelize new/unused capabilities in underlying products and suggest practical use case for UOB
• Study/Evangelize new trends in Document Automation/Workflow/NLP and suggest practical use cases for UOB.
• Work closely with process experts and various business units to analyze and design solutions based on business requirements
• Devise cost effective solution aligned with guiding principles/best practices for application and product
• Manage and mentor a team of System Analysts to conduct user workshops, provide and deliver functional specifications/User Interface as per guiding principles
• Influence key stakeholders from Business Units and OCs on application solutions and Process Re-engineering
• Collaborate with architect and other Development manager on the conceptualization of the solution.
• Influence/Review SIT Test Plan and Strategy
• Application Delivery
• Concurrently manage delivery of 2 or more medium sized projects
• Meet or exceed quality KPIs for Application Delivery
• Manage requirements according to planned objectives, project/ CR scope and assess impact to existing processes and applications
• Manage up-stream and down-stream teams and system for each release and ensure the overall solution is sound and scalable
• Manage delivery, end-to-end, with development leads, adhering to scope, schedule and cost allocations
• Engage stakeholders on scope, delivery and updates
• Manage development team, and/or vendors if required, in quality delivery
• Be abreast with latest technology and business needs and plan ahead to use and support them
• At least 10 to 14 years of experience in business process and/or technology implementations with at least 5 years of experience in leading/ managing application teams
• Strong Business Process acumen. Ability to solve business problems via Process Re-engineering and practical/ structured solutions.
• At least 3 years as a solution or a process lead and 5 years as a hands on Business/Systems Analyst.
• Experience/Working knowledge on latest automation technologies like NLP, BPM RPA etc.
• Experience in managing team size in the range of 2 to 10 team members
• Experience in managing project deliveries in the range of 100-200 man days
• Experience in implementing/ solutioning large scale transaction/workflow processing systems
• Ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills is a must
• Strong Negotiation skills with an ability to challenge status quo
• Passion to experiment and learn new Technologies
• Experience on Pega, IBM Workflow, RPA, OCR, NLP is an advantage.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.