Posting Date: 05-Sep-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Risk and Performance Analytics of UOBAM, the successful candidate will join a team responsible for providing the risk oversight within UOBAM Group. In this role, you will also be expected to assist in developing, implementing, maintaining, improving and communicating an enterprise-wide risk management framework, risk policies and procedures across subsidiaries. Other key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
– Minimum of 6 – 10 years hands on working experience, preferably in the fund management industry or bank treasury as a risk analytics analyst and/or performance analyst
– Possess strong analytical thinking and quantitative skills
– Good knowledge of investment risk management techniques and derivative instruments
– Possess the ability to kick-start and see-through process improvement initiatives so as to enhance work efficiency and productivity
– Be able to work well under pressure, tight time constraints and a good team player
– Good written and oral communication and presentation skills
– CFA/FRM/CIPM will be advantageous
– Strong programming, quantitative and database skills and experience in Python, R, VBA, SQL, Access are preferred.
– Previous experience with systems such as, FactSet, Morningstar, Lipper, Northfield, Barclays POINT will also provide the candidate with an earlier head start.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.