Posting Date: 05-Oct-2020
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Private Bank is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5 million and above. Keeping in mind our clients’ financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on the Group’s comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services.
• Working with Senior Client Advisors, Client Advisor Assistants and Senior Credit Origination Specialists to prepare proposals for credit facilities
• Propose appropriate solutions to SCAs that meet client needs and generate a reasonable return for PB
• Work with Group Credit and Group Legal to address any concerns regarding facility structure or documentation
• Perform annual or periodic reviews of credit facilities
• Manage risks in loan books through deal screening and appropriate structuring
1) Meet assigned loan book targets
• Achieve loan book targets such as loan volume, spread and % credit loss
• Proactively assist in underwriting of deals
• Optimize loan book pricing
• Governance of PB Financing and Margin Trading frameworks – including annual/periodic reviews, additions of new products, tweaks in response to competition or evolving market conditions
• Identify issues with current process, documentation and systems, and propose solutions
2) Engagement with SCAs, clients and key stakeholders
• Ensure prompt turnaround of credit proposals, with minimal rework
• Ownership of end-to-end credit application process
• Deliver excellent service and develop good relationships with SCAs & ROs, especially key producers. Be seen as a trusted and highly competent partner
• Support SCAs in client meetings -resolve client issues where necessary
• Develop trusted working relationship with Group Retail Credit partners
3) Quality of credit analysis and risk management
• Demonstrate sound credit and commercial judgement commensurate with seniority
• Deliver high quality credit proposals/papers with both strong content/analysis and good presentation
• Proactively identify emerging risks in line with market conditions. Formulate and execute mitigating measures to manage/reduce risks
4) Execution of projects and ad-hoc assignments
• Initiate and take ownership of projects that have been assigned
• Deliver high quality results against agreed timelines. Escalate issues where necessary
• Proactive management of dependencies on internal/external partners, to ensure that desired project timelines are kept to
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.