Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Role including Job Objectives /Goal
Credit Suisse has a U.S. Legal & Compliance program which seeks to build and maintain global compliance standards with respect to U.S. persons and U.S. cross-border issues within its private banking (PB) business. The PB APAC US Compliance Lead will work collaboratively with the APAC US Legal to support all USSP related initiatives from a compliance perspective.
• Managing the US Policy compliance oversight and regulatory risks of PB APAC, ensuring the provision of a strong, independent, balanced and reliable control and challenge function
• Providing compliance advice and support to the PB business of Credit Suisse’s APAC division (including divisional compliance officers supporting the business) on matters relating to or arising from the U.S. Legal & Compliance Program. This will include providing required support to APAC US Legal on training initiatives
• Supporting the design, implementation and maintenance of the governance and controls framework established under the U.S. Legal & Compliance program in APAC
• Implementing and maintaining the US Cross Border (CB) Policy incident management framework. Act as Point of Contact for all US person and related CB Policy issues, ensuring appropriate handling and read-across.
• Compile related metrics and coordinate related reports
• Work closely with the APAC US Legal to drive, support and coordinate new compliance initiatives under or relevant to the U.S. Legal & Compliance program, including monitoring and reporting local regulatory deviations
• Reporting to the APAC Head of Tax Compliance, ensuring issues are raised appropriately and in a timely manner, support and collaborate on regional initiatives and the provision of relevant and significant management information
Responsibilities and functional duties
• Efficiently handle US policy issues from the business, working closely with US Legal where exception approvals may be appropriate
• Act as e Case Matter Type Officer for US Policy matters in APAC, conducting initial reviews of potential breaches of US policy
• Conduct supervisory reviews of raised issues handled by junior team members
Advisory and Challenge
• Ensuring effective review of PB APAC first line controls, processes and procedures to mitigate US Policy compliance risk
• Active participation in APAC New Business projects to ensure that the business develops in a controlled and US Policy compliant manner and in line with the bank’s risk appetite
• Advising on US Policy regulatory requirements / expectations as relevant to the PB business
• Raise to senior business and compliance management in APAC of regulatory risks
• Liaison with regional PB Compliance and other Compliance teams (e.g. FCC) to ensure a seamless delivery of regulatory advice to the PB business
• Willingness and ability to lead and/or participate in domestic and APAC PB CCO projects
• Provide constructive and effective US Policy related challenge to PB business in order to ensure that the business continues to operate in a controlled and compliant manner, whilst remaining consistent with the bank’s risk appetite and regulatory obligations
• Effective and independent participation of the PB APAC Business Risk and Controls Committee
• Keep up-to-date with developments and assess implications in applicable laws, rules and standards
• Disseminate change requirements to impacted parties and ensure an implementation plan to meet required changes on a timely basis is devised
• Work with APAC and global Compliance teams to provide advice concerning US policy and regulatory obligations impacting the APAC business
• Ensure implementation of appropriate training and/or Monitoring and Testing and/or surveillance protocols resulting from any change/development in laws/rules or standards
Your future colleagues
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
N/A – pending TWWW agreement
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.