SC Ventures (“SCV”) was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of “Rewiring the DNA in Banking” by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially minded colleagues as “Intrapreneurs”, developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures Fintech Bridge , Proof of Concept (“POC”) framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund (“Fund”), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies (“fintechs”) whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models (“ventures”), with the objective of providing ‘optionality’ for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group’s existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group’s support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.
The successful candidate will be the part of a corporate business venture team building an innovative platform and apps leveraging on data, analytics to drive the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate designer to participate and contribute to a venture.
This role sits within CardsPal venture
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Support chief designer to prepare research, testing and map customer journeys
• Apply human centred design methodologies to ensure the ideas are based on customer needs and pain points
• Participate in developing concepts, wireframes, working prototypes to balance desirability with feasibility and viability
• Construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX or UI design, comprehensive usability, functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
• Provide appropriate specs and requirements for the developer team to develop the apps
• Design/touch up images
• Proactive and willingness to learn
Knowledge and Skills
• Undergraduate degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, Graphic Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification
• Experience in designing user experiences and building products
• Passionate, positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver quality work
• Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
• Knowledge of graphic design and prototyping tools such as Sketch preferred
• Able to work under stress in a fast pace agile environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.