SC Ventures (“SCV”) was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of “Rewiring the DNA in Banking” by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially minded colleagues as “Intrapreneurs”, developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures Fintech Bridge , Proof of Concept (“POC”) framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund (“Fund”), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies (“fintechs”) whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models (“ventures”), with the objective of providing ‘optionality’ for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group’s existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group’s support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.
Chief Operation Officer opportunity in a funded early-stage fintech: from pre-MVP, through iteration to find Product-Market fit, and successful commercialization!
The Venture is a newly formed CVC-backed fintech based in Singapore.
The successful candidate will be the part of a start-up team leading developers to build an innovative platform and app leveraging on data, analytics to drive the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, strong entrepreneurial spirit, start-up minded, solid and passionate leader to participate and contribute to a venture.
This role sits within the CardsPal ventre
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead with the preparation and coordination of high-quality and timely submissions of materials for the venture
• Lead the budgeting and financial analysis for the venture.
• Lead in managing various projects and initiatives and undertake ad hoc thematic work for the CEO.
• Lead in developing overall business strategies of the Venture. As the official control and communications point for strategies and agreed milestones for internal and external stakeholders.
• To arrange regular EXCO meetings, ad hoc meetings. Collect relevant meeting materials, prepare meeting minutes and track follow up actions.
• Collect, review and control the quality of various materials and documents, documents prepared for Group seniors, CEO report and strategy update to the venture Board, materials requested by auditors and letters, slides, papers, speeches and announcements in the venture’s CEO.
• Comply with all Compliance (AML, anti-fraud, anti-corruption etc.) requirements when performing duties.
• Act as UORM and focal point of contact for compliance-related tasks on behave of CEO Office and the entire governance team.
• Find an operating rhythm for the team
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the CEO
Knowledge and Skills
• University degree in finance, business management, economics, engineering, science, liberal arts etc.
• Strong project management, analytics, problem-solving, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills. In the top MNC consultancies globally.
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
• Good general knowledge of banking products and processes, financial industries, economic, political and regulatory environments in Singapore
• Have been part of the founding team in a tech start-up that has managed to raised series of investment rounds.
• Having the experience of running large complex projects in a start-up environment.
• Being able to manage large budgets in greenfield digital space
• Personal integrity and strong sense of keeping confidentiality.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.