Group Human Resources has the important role of attracting, retaining, and nurturing talent to ensure that DBS continues to be a competitive employer in Asia. With a well-established team of HR partners, we support and deliver effective people-based solutions and services across businesses. Our goal is to build a high-performance organisation by empowering and engaging our employees. Because we believe that banking is about people.
At DBS, data drives all of our decision-making, and Group Human Resources organisation is no exception. We have been redefining human resources in the way we work closely with our management teams to attract, hire, develop and reward talented people that is reinventing the HR practice.
The Human Capital Analytics team acts as an integral innovation lab, using diagnostic, advanced analytical approaches to making DBS a joyful place to come work, and is focused on bringing this discipline to the next level. The team provides critical support to the business through surfacing people operation opportunities and solving challenges around organizational health, whereby we are not just taking the pulse of our people, but also harnessing their feedback to drive change for the better.
As a data-loving member of the team, you will use data, research and analytical insights to both build new and improve existing experimental Career Development, Learning and Talent Management activities. Our Data Scientists in Human Capital Analytics are changing the way we design our employee journey through experimentations. What we will love about you is that you are detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. Not only that, you are an exceptional problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you’re someone who identifies the “So what?” from data and insights you will be diving deep into, often wonders about the “What if?” and then seeks out the solution. We are looking for someone who excels at diagnosing clients’ needs and finding a way to satisfy them, has strong presentation skills and can lead a team to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Leaders in Data Science can see the different angles of a business opportunity or challenge, and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people in various roles and functions. You have substantial leadership and hands-on experience with analytical tools and techniques, and you bring a solid skillset in analysing data and communicating recommendations. You will leverage best practices and deepen your skillset by working with analytical thought leaders at the bank.
In this role, you will develop HR domain knowledge and serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using a combination of facts, data and advanced analytical approaches to derive at informed, meaningful insights to help them make thoughtful, data-driven decisions.
You will lead a team of Data Scientists, and work with Business Intelligence Developers, Visualisation and Insights experts who partner with HR business partners and specialists to assess human capital needs and identify opportunities to apply data analytics.
• Define analytical strategy, problem statements and hypotheses to address identified opportunities, including analytical approaches, data and technology requirements
• Develop predictive models and perform statistical analyses to identify key areas of risk and predict risk events, across a range of banking functions
• Design and put in place tracking and feedback mechanisms to allow for capturing of actions and impact on business outcomes due to the implementation of analytics solutions
• Present key findings to senior management and/or other stakeholders with actionable recommendations
• Work with other data scientists and data translators to drive and operationalize analytical outputs.
• 10+ years of hands-on working experience, and of which, at least 8 years of relevant experience in an analytical function building and implementing various statistical models, working with large amounts of data and articulating business questions, data extraction and use of statistical approaches to arrive at an answer.
• Mathematical problem formulation skills.
• Deep understanding of mathematical and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Machine Learning (ML) modeling techniques. An ability to translate business problems into mathematical formulations. Proficient with data manipulation and analysis. Ability to approach data in creative ways and from different angles for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
• Experience in building and operationalizing the analytical capability.
• Programming experience in R, Python, Spark or other statistical software. Proficient in SQL. Proficient with Hadoop, Java, Python, SQL, Hive, and/or MariaDB.
• Experience working with unstructured datasets with knowledge in text mining and text analysis is preferred.
• Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of statistics, measurement and model evaluation.
• Distinctive problem solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
• Capable of translating complex modeling and analysis results into recommendations in a manner accessible by non-statisticians. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a horizontal/cross-functional organization.
• Independent self-starter with ability to multi-task and has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Note: Candidates with lesser experience may be considered for a lower level position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.