As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Insider Threat program is responsible for researching, triaging, and investigating anomalous events of concern using Behavior Analytical tools, Splunk, and other tools to determine potential malicious or risky insider activity. The Insider Threat Analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Conducting investigations by analyzing and verifying information through various investigative techniques, internal resources, forensics and Data Loss Prevention controls.
• Providing actionable Insider threat analysis for remediation on all escalations to Insider Threat Operations.
• Triaging all Insider Threat alerts within SLA guidelines.
• Collaborating with internal teams and external representatives to drive insider threat program continuous improvement.
• Assess and make recommendations for improvement and refinement of Use Cases, software tools, and other risk reduction methods used to improve the insider threat program.
• Documenting Insider Threat gaps, requirements, and activities in written products and reports.
• Conducting case and investigative support to investigations, administrative or security inquires, which may include after-hours support and coordination with other teams.
• Manage high risk information security incidents by working with internal and other teams
• Conducting analysis of known and emerging insider threats. Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company’s information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• Insider Threat and/or Counterintelligence program experience
• Experience as an insider threat detection, cyber security, intelligence or counterintelligence analyst with specific understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by criminal adversaries in relation to insider threats.
• Exhibits exceptional critical thinking/writing skills – prepares extensive assessments, documents, and disseminates information through reports and briefs to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong cyber analysis experience as it relates to insider threats, experience with data analytics tools and databases
• Experience writing cybersecurity incident assessment reports
• Documenting each stage of the investigation and maintaining a focus on case logs and details
• Presenting findings via written reports and orally to key stakeholders in clear and concise language
• Ability to interact with and lead discussions with senior Bank executives across different functions and lines of business
• Skilled in management of high risk regional information security incidents by working in effectively across a multiple teams and partners in a complex organization on a global scale
• Maintain an awareness of industry challenges and advancements in order to add value to existing technologies and processes used within the team
• Must be able to operate under tight deadlines and quick learner in applying new tools and techniques
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills to achieve completion of workload within required timescales
• Team player must include first class interpersonal skills and high level of Integrity and confidentiality
• Experience working in Intelligence Community within a counterintelligence and/or insider threat program
• Hands on experience with investigative and/or insider threat tools, such as UBA, DLP, Computer Forensics, Monitoring, Splunk, Incident Response, Databases, or data visualization tools
• Understanding and/or working knowledge of insider threats in the Dark and Deepweb and/or Clearnet underground forums
• Foundational knowledge in conducting complex investigations with an Insider Threat emphasis
• Certifications- Splunk, CERT, CFE, CFCE, CISSP, GCIH, SANS, GIAC
• Experience conducting investigative interviews
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 96130
Organization: Information Security-HR11724