The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Cyber Security Group (CSG) is the cybersecurity arm of GovTech that is committed to creating a safe and secure digital government. The successful candidate will be part of the Security Operations Centre (SOC) that detects and handling of cyber security incidents. You will be working with a team of cyber security enthusiasts to safeguard our systems against cyber-attacks and threats. You are required to monitor and detect for potential cyber incidents and response to the incidents accordingly.
What to expect:
• Fine tuning of detection rules for Cloud-based threat monitoring platform (e.g Sumo Logic)
• Troubleshooting of log source integration
• Adding of log source from the various Saas
• Perform search for Indicator Of Compromise on logs
• Extraction of logs for investigation
• Monitoring and assessment of Software Defined Perimeter (SDP), Secure Web Gateway
(SWP), Antivirus/Endpoint Detection Response (EDR) via SIEM for anomalies and alerts
• First cut assessment and analysis of security alerts arising from the various SaaS services
• Escalation to respective service owners for investigation
• Coordinate and response to incidents
How to succeed:
• At least possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Security or equivalent
• Preferably 3-5 years of Information Security experience
• Understanding of operating systems and platform (e.g. Windows, Linux)
• Knowledge of networking concept (e.g. LAN/WAN routing, TCP/IP)
• Knowledge of performing incident response on Clouds
• Familiarity with good security practices
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Singapore Citizen only