This role provides an opportunity for the trainee to gain knowledge in the data management and governance domain, and help the department to meet its objectives of enabling the bank to effectively leverage on data as an enterprise asset and support its strategic decision-making.
This will enable the trainee to understand the data management concepts and technicalities surrounding taxonomy, glossary, data lineage and data quality which are essential for banking industry to meet its regulatory and strategic requirement.
The chosen candidate will work in the Group Data Management Office (GDMO), under the Data Management team. As an analyst, he/she will work with a dynamic team to perform the day-to-day tasks for data management function within GDMO.
– Work closely with data management team to perform the BAU tasks such as reference data mapping for taxonomies, data lineage generation to understand the data transformation deployed for key management & regulatory reports, verification of golden source for critical data elements etc.
– Perform data mapping and analysis to implement the data quality rules and generate the scores for management, as well as to perform slice-and-dice data scores based on various dimensions to prioritise data remediation effort.
– Participate in projects to enhance key data assets as part of the user acceptance testing (UAT) team
– Perform impact analysis on the Datamarts used by GDMO due to any upstream source system changes
– In any of the above roles, there may be a need to generate reports in Qlikview (e.g., DQ scores) to present results in a meaningful manner.
1. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
2. Good Knowledge of SQL with prior knowledge in any programming language and application testing
3. Good communication skills (both spoken and written), and ability to work with multiple stakeholders
4. Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks. Willing to learn and take ownership of the task undertaken
As part of the application, you are required to also submit your online application via My Careers Future for this position: