The API Developer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining codes that meets business and technical requirements as well as performs securely in efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience. He/She will work closely with business users and technical teams of both internal and external organizations to design, build and operate API ecosystems through agile development methodology.
1. Collaborate with other backend system teams to ensure integrated end-to-end Application Programming Interface (API) system design and delivery.
2. Work with business analysts and respective partners to build API for their consumption.
3. Understand how evolving technology affects the API landscape and propose new ideas to the team
4. Develop API codes in using Java Frameworks in REST/JSON style as well as web services development including HTML and js.
5. Provide testing support and troubleshooting of problems in test and production environments
6. Understand and learn about API ecosystem products like API Gateway, Log Stash, API Analytics and any other technology stacks supporting API ecosystems
7. Build reusable codes and frameworks for future use and ensuring all user inputs are validated before submitting to server-end.
8. Ensure delivered codes are in high standards and quality as well as compliance to cyber security requirements
9. Maintain delivered codes and provide level 2 or 3 support when necessary.
10. Ability to adapt and learn new tech stack with regards to API Integration.
As part of the application, you are required to also submit your online application via My Careers Future for this position: