Senior VP, Business T&O Management – Corporate Services & Data
Posting Date: 16-Nov-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Acts as a single point of contact (trusted advisor) for senior stakeholders and influencers.
• Supports effective business change by building relationships with business leaders, technology and operational business partners.
Change Implementation Planning & Management
• Anticipate the business challenges, objectives of the T&O initiatives to be undertaken, high level budgets and success criteria.
• Undertake scoping and evaluation of new initiatives. Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation.
• Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new operations and technical capabilities will be delivered to the business.
• Initiate the implementation plan for Group T&O projects. This will include all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new operation process and technical components.
• Spot potential problems, recognize the risk impact and propose risk mitigation strategies.
• Manage the communication and regular updates to business stakeholders on production incidents and problems impacting customer and business operations
• Lead the regular review with business on system stability, responsiveness, production incident, problem tickets including identification of root cause.
• Track for continuous improvement. Ensure early identification and resolution of challenges impacting BAU systems.
• Build a sustainable process for measuring benefits to ensure T&O resources are aligned to business initiatives which provide the highest ROI.
Technical Skills & Experience
• Minimum 15 years of relevant banking experience
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into actions that meet business objectives
• Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
• Experience in scoping and evaluation – Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Manage divergent agendas and divergent stakeholders with win-win solution
• Manage organizational ambiguity and differing stakeholder views
• Strong understanding of business strategies and ability to translate them into concrete achievable action plans
• Ability to collaborate and drive motivation across a diverse slate team members and can deal with difficult conversations
• Owns and enhances workflows and processes, and delegated with clear accountabilities across the teams for delivery of outcomes
• Creates and environment of learning and development through each other’s success and failures. Understands and channels team members to their personal and professional growth via challenging and stretch assignments.
• Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
• Passionate, diligent individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
• Resourceful team player
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ business/ finance or equivalent
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.