NTUC Enterprise Co-operative Limited is the holding entity and single largest shareholder of the NTUC group of Social Enterprises. We aim to create a greater social force to do good by harnessing the capabilities of the social enterprises to meet pressing social needs in areas like health and eldercare, childcare, daily essentials, cooked food and financial services. Serving over two million customers, NTUC Enterprise wants to enable and empower all in Singapore tolive better and more meaningful lives.
NE Digital is currently hiring for Senior Software Engineer to join FairPrice Group.
You’ll work closely with teammates to deliver cool high scale product features. You’ll partner with your product owners, teammates and cross functional teams around the company toidentify problems and build solutions that benefit all of FairPrice/NTUC engineers. You’ll work on large scale product platforms, and help your colleagues to ship their projects with good quality.
You will design, implement and test robust technical solutions that our 24/7 store andoperations can rely on. Write clean code that’s testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Actually, the code you can be proud of.
You will be working mostly in Golang and Java and If you have experience with them, awesome! If you aren’t familiar with these languages but would like to learn, come apply!
Duties and Responsibilities
● Design, build, deploy and manage backend services to solve complex problems.
● Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable solutions.
● Design and or drive the documentation of existing microservices’s API contract or new microservices.
● Participate in reviewing existing microservices’ scalability and performance, help identify bottlenecks and resolve them.
● Actively participate in team discussions to drive problem solving.
● Work closely with Team Leads to help break down high level requirements to technical requirements.
● Write and maintain test cases with the right approach needed to ensure good coverage and quality.
● Build, maintain and drive monitoring for critical transactions.
● Participate as active Agile team members to drive great ideas or features to delight ourcustomers and help achieve business objectives.
● Proficient in Golang with good knowledge of best practices.
● Knowledgeable and experienced in building Service Oriented Architecture based application.
● Experience with high traffic and scalable applications
● Great understanding of the data structures and complex algorithm
● Strong experience building applications using microservice architecture
● Proficient understanding of source code management using git
● Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Jenkins
● Must be a team player, take full ownership of the work, empathetic and open minded
● Experienced in working in an Agile setup.
Good to have
● Experienced in working with e-commerce problems
● Experienced with distributed concurrency model in Golang or Java
● Experienced with building cached services