The overall goal of the Coach SME (Subject Matter Expert) is to leverage her/his expertise and experience in product implementation, to architect Solutions and scalable standardized implementations, as well as to oversee their execution via a Center of Excellence or a Partner on a portfolio of projects. The role requires a thorough understanding of a Solution implementation on both the Bank side and MA side, identifying possible standardization, Accelerator tools, and finding an internal collaboration model that will maximize usage of CoEs. The Coach SME needs to keep on top of at least one domain of expertise (such as regulatory, balance sheet, etc.), and will also need to insure knowledge transfer to CoEs, partners, and internal teams, about Solutions, standardized project methodologies and product features.
The Coach SME will operate on particular or set of solutions, and involve on a portfolio of projects. At Associate Director level, the portfolio will be in the range to 4-10 projects.
The Coach SME will be working on the following activities:
Product, Knowledge and training
• Contribute to the development of knowledge content / materials in multiple form (decks, videos, exercise books, exams) that will be further leveraged by the Knowledge team and broadcasted on multiple channels (InfoWeb, EduBrite, webinars,…)
• Contribute to the spreading of knowledge about the product and standardized solution implementation techniques via training, forum facilitation, webinars and others.
• Contribute to identify knowledge gaps in the consultant, client or partner community and develop the trainings materials accordingly
Accelerators, and Standardization
• Analyse a particular process or project methodology and layout the different standardization elements, tooling, off-shoring, to design a new and more efficient methodology
• Manage CoE team development of new accelerators. Specify and monitor the work. Example: DMM impact, dataset merge, data Lineage/ drill up, result comparison tool, Knowledge Base and automation, regression analysis, template libraries.
• Advocate, Coach and support CoEs team, Partner teams and Implementation Services (IS) consultants to the optimum use of Accelerators and standardized project methodology
• Contribute to the creation of ready-to-go solutions built on top of MA products that will be further replicated by IS teams, Partners and CoE Center.
• Conduct regular meetings with CoEs, Partners and IS to promote solutions, receive feedback on Accelerators and Standardization, so that the tool set and standardization can be further improved.
• Overseas the execution of the standard approach by a COE, Partner or Internal IS team, on a portfolio of projects (4 to 10)
• Follow closely each project, via real time slack project feed or equivalent. Formalize next steps, check status and provide guidance at least twice a week
• Advise on the best path to follow when unexpected problems arise, involve to accelerate resolution where required, or coach the team about the resolution steps
• Reach out to other experienced people or product team where required, and act as a bridge and project accelerator
• Join governance meeting, internal or with Partners, Project Steering Committees as MA specialist, and escalate problems if required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum 4 years of functional and technical consulting experience in financial/risk/regulatory software implementation projects, at least as an SME and preferably as a lead SME
• Knowledge of one or several areas among Basel II/III, IFRS9, ALM, Liquidity Risk, Stress Testing and related MA products, or equivalent Software Products from other Software vendors
• Shows aptitude to leadership, either with prior management experience of a small team or by influence
• Possess skills in multiple areas including project management, functional expertise, business development
• Good all-rounder tech/functional skills, be able to imagine solutions that work functionally, and at scale, possible on large volume of data
• Multicultural & versatile; quickly adapts to culturally, technically and organizationally diverse and complex environments
• Good presentation, coaching and training skills for delivering presentation in conference and events
• Both detail-oriented and outcome-focused
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.