Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
This role is part of back-office operations within Northern Trust’s Global FX department. He/she will be responsible for monitoring and performing service performance review on outsourced activities to India. He/she will also be working closely with Northern Trust Compliance team in implementing local and global FX-related regulations. This is an individual contributor role that much be comfortable in handling multiple priorities effectively. Will carry out complex initiative involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues. Liaises with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
1. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of FX business.
2. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
3. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
4. Assists staff with technical queries and provides coaching in the research and resolution of complex issues
5. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
6. Conducts preliminary analysis
7. Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management. Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas.
Your skills and qualifications
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
• Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
• Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN’S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.