Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank’s operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
We are looking for an innovative, strategic thinking and results-driven individual to support our internal communications team. Ideally you have a passion for developing engaging and functional intranet sites as well as driving organizational change through effective communications efforts. The ability to rapidly prototype and delivers versatile and easy to manage sites in quick turnarounds would be a huge plus. Having a good learning attitude is a necessity and you will also be responsible for supporting the team’s day-to-day communications activities as well as maintaining the various communications channels utilized by the team.
The SharePoint Web Developer is primarily responsible for the successful deployment of intranet SharePoint sites and solutions across the organization by determining the requirements of the site, communicating them clearly to all required parties, gaining alignment with all the stakeholders and designing/developing solutions that matches the company’s needs. This individual will also be the SharePoint subject matter expert and be responsible for SharePoint administration, development and support tasks.
In addition, the individual will also be responsible for communication efforts on behalf of the department. This includes activities such as executing events, creating and sending engaging email communications as well as planning for communications campaigns to further our department’s goals and initiatives.
• Develop software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and business users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
• Design, develop and maintain key components of the SharePoint suite using modern SharePoint Framework (TypeScript, ReactJS, SCSS, HTML5, JSON, XML) and classic ASP .Net applications.
• Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards via custom webparts or PowerBI.
• Integrate SharePoint Online applications with DBS systems using internal APIs (using ELK, REST API, CSOM, JSOM) and other 3rd party applications such as SABA.
• Experienced with the tools used for O365 migration activities such as ShareGate or PNP Powershell.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Work closely with DBS Procurement team for contract management and vendor registration.
• Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendor as well as internal stakeholders.
• Actively participate in project design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment.
• Work closely with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
• Employ best practices for development by designing reusable codes and libraries relating to UI features.
• Experienced in going through the full SDLC lifecycle starting from Requirements Gathering, Design Specifications, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance.
• Enforce and adhere to governance guidelines and procedures related to security, patching, development and overall stability of the environment.
• Monitor the product roadmap for periodic upgrades and new releases. Work with business users to communicate new features and identify suitable use cases.
• Perform quality reviews and periodic checks to ensure ongoing performance and capacity of sites.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related fields.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in development, support and administration of SharePoint applications.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Vendor and Project Management is required.
• Two or more years of experience in O365 suite especially in areas of collaboration, knowledge management and employee engagement.
• SharePoint experience must include designer and custom workflows, REST API, Web Services, CSOM, CAML Query, and branding customization
• Experience in SharePoint OOTB Components and its administration and maintenance.
• Able to create master pages, page layout, .ASPX pages in SharePoint using SharePoint designer.
• Good knowledge in PowerShell and Batch Scripting
• Experienced in SharePoint migration projects and tools
• Familiar with SharePoint branding libraries such as Office UI Fabric, MaterialUI and Materialize
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Bitbucket
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts is required.
• Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical individuals.
• Creativity/ good judgement in order to deliver complex messages in simple ways
• Good working attitude with strong work ethics and commitment to meeting deadlines
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.