Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
Responsible for selling institutional trust products and services to prospective clients, generating revenue for the bank. Coordinates
the responses to requests for proposals and makes sales presentations to potential clients. Works as a team member, cross selling the bank’s products and services to new prospects.
1. Sells institutional trust products and services to prospective clients including corporations,
institutions, and consultants, generating fee revenue for the bank.
2. Identifies new prospects by researching theirpotential needs and prioritizing and producing a sales plan.
3. Responds through letters or telephone to prospective clients presenting or recommending the bank’s products or services.
4. Makes sales presentations to clients utilizing knowledge of institutional trust products and services.
5. Coordinates and produces the requests for proposals responses and fee proposals for prospective clients.
6. Utilizes knowledge of bank”s products and services to analyze client”s needs and recommend
new services or products that would enhance the client”s productivity or profitability.
7. Utilizes knowledge to analyze client”s data and processing methods to recommend products that
can assist in monitoring the value of investments, net income, allocations, contributions. and benefits paid out.
8. Cross sells other bank products and services to clients, involving other partners as appropriate by
understanding all aspects of a client”s relationship with the bank.
9. Maintains on-going contact with consultants, making them aware of the bank”s services and products.
10. Maintains thorough knowledge of trust products and services by initiating frequent contact with other financial or competitor institutions, partners, and
keeping abreast of laws and regulations affecting products and services.
Your Knowledge/ Skills
* Knowledge of institutional trust products and services, usually acquired through related work
experience, is required to analyze client needs and make recommendations.
* Presentation skills and the ability to communicate and sell bank products and services are required to generate
client sales and respond to fee proposals.
* Knowledge of accounting and investments are required to analyze client needs and
recommend products and services
*Minimum of 5 years of financial sales or customer servicing experience.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Want to learn more about our company?