We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Primary focus will be to manage the number of Post Trade Technology applications in APAC with target architecture and to implement new settlement & clearing capabilities so as to support business expansion and increased volumes.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Bacherlors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
• Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices.
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
• Experience in building/ designing high volume/ real time processing systems.
• Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
o Java/ J2EE
o Spring Framework / Hibernate
o RDBMS (Oracle)
o Unix / Shell scripting
o Cloud knowledge
• Understanding Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
• Understanding existing program logic
• Providing and/or agreeing estimates for required development
• Creation/ update of Detailed Design Specifications, Program Specifications, and program Version Control documentation
• Coding of new programs and changes to existing programs
• Creation of Unit Test Plans, and execution of Unit Tests
• Providing technical support for User Acceptance Testing
• Creation of Implementation/ Back out Plans and Support Handover Documents
• Providing technical support for Production Implementations, and post-implementation support during implementation warranty period
• Minimum 4 years hands-on programming
• Experience in working in Eclipse/IntelliJ / Maven environments.
• Experience in managing various settlement systems in Post Trade Technology in APAC region.
• Expertise in Core Java, TDD, BDD, spring framework, Messaging, SQL, Unix shell scripts.
• “Can do” attitude, which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
• Drive the project progress for the deliverables. In our small agile team, developers talk directly to operational users and other BAs for requirements. You will be developing great communication and project management skills on top of the technical skills.
• Hand’s on experience in fine tuning application response / performance testing.
• Experience of MQ / JMS (message transfer process), Kafka.
• Experience using version control tool bitbucket.
• Experience in code scanning tools like black duck and tools like Sonar etc
• Experience of development of Settlement and clearing applications.
• Familiarity with SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) Message formats.