MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We’re looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Are you looking to join a fast paced team that sits at the nexus between the business and a global department responsible for the creation and submission of non-financial regulatory reporting (e.g., order, trade, position reporting) to regulators? Our Transactions team within Derivatives Regulatory Operations is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with business stakeholders, technology, various Federation teams and non-financial regulatory reporting teams for the implementation of upcoming compliance items and day to day oversight of regulatory reporting requirements.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Regulatory Operations has responsibility for position and trade reporting for the CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) obligations. The Regulatory Operations Dallas team’s mission is to support Regulatory Operations in the production of various transaction and position reports within the Americas. The team plays an integral role in ensuring that the Firm meets its regulatory reporting obligations. The Team consists of talented and highly motivated individuals who are extensively involved in the preparation of the mandated reports, as well as the implementation of effective control processes, efficiency initiatives, BCP, and other department initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop expert knowledge pertaining to derivatives regulatory requirements, processes and systems for a number of transactions and position based Regulatory reports
• Oversee the implementation efforts of new rules or changes within existing obligations
• Provide oversight of the impact assessments done on these reports for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and new/changed regulations
• Investigate, remediate and provide supervisory guidance on issues with these reports and develop control improvements
• Improve current processes, procedures and reports including automation of manual processes
• Contribute to strategic initiatives relating to these reports, for example strategic Technology developments
• Define and provide supervisory oversight for comprehensive project documentation in support of strategic initiatives and change management including: business/functional requirement documents, process flow diagrams and comprehensive data analysis
• Produce test scripts and co-ordinate / participate in testing activities with Operations and Technology
• Work with Legal, Compliance, Technology, other Operations groups and various Business units to manage change programs and issue resolution for these reports
• Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the regulatory environment and the firm’s adherence to its reporting obligations
• Be flexible to contribute to other activities within the group where necessary, e.g. daily report production
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 1-3 year work experience in the Financial Industry
• Proficiency in Japanese language; both written & spoken
• Highly proficient in the use of MS Office products
• Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and translate strategy to execution
• Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
• Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to think strategically and contribute to department and division wide initiatives
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new changes and new challenges
• Ability to wear multiple hats in a fast paced environment
Preferred candidate will have 1-3 years of business experience in financial services. The candidates’ professional experience may have included past responsibility for audit, compliance, middle office support, project management, risk management, and implementation of strategic operational plans. This person will have successfully worked with complex financial products/functions with experience including data analysis, information technology, business operating processes, regulatory reporting and compliance. Experience with derivative products or regulations is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity