The AsPac power business in Trading & Shipping has an aim of building a well-balanced, tradable portfolio in power across our targeted regional markets. The business growth is driven through the execution of an integrated power strategy from generation through to C&I and end use markets.
The Market Strategist role resides in the Gas and Power Strategist team (part of the larger analytic function). One of the core elements of this discipline is to identify changes in supply and demand fundamentals within different regions of the market and communicate the likely impact on price action to the trading and origination teams. This key role will work alongside the bench to provide such analysis in service of creating insights, foundational views and trading strategies in line with changing market dynamics. Analysis performed by the individual and team will have a direct linkage to commercial value creation.
In addition to the above, this role will involve the creation of market and fundamental views that drive the valuation of long-term deals in the Japan/Korea power markets. These views will require the development and maintenance of models, data and assumptions to provide a quantitative and fundamental framework for valuation in the long-term space as well as a deep understanding of the short-term view. The role will involve communicating these views externally to customers and counterparties as well as internally to originators, structurers, traders and other strategists.
The role will require an understanding of linkages between the Japan/Korea Gas, LNG, Carbon, Hydrogen and other green markets as they develop over time with a focus on identifying and executing on opportunities for Trading & Shipping as well as the broader BP group.
Applicants should have experience with power markets and their analysis with a track record of delivering data, analysis and statistical models in a commercial environment.
About BP TRADING & SHIPPING
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fueled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Join us and help us achieve these goals by:
• developing and continuously evolving a globally diversified portfolio that accesses new markets, commodities and commercial opportunities
• collaborating with our business groups to provide innovative commercial and marine solutions that add value to bp’s assets and flows
• delivering high-quality earnings and creating an organisation that is swift to identify and optimise market insights
• navigating a new era of energy for our planet, by sea
• acting with respect and integrity at all times, with the people we work with and the markets we operate in
• maintaining a comprehensive, rigorous and holistic risk control framework that ensures we operate in a safe, compliant and efficient way at all times
• empowering the deep expertise and leadership of our people