Manager, Operations & Surveillance, Group Compliance
Posting Date: 18-Nov-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today’s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
Minimum 4 years of experience in intelligence/investigation related work
– Good knowledge/understanding of banking and financial services laws and regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and systems.
– Strong Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
– Experience intelligence/investigation-related work.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Minimum a recognized or professional qualification in Banking or Banking/Financial Services related areas.
– Provide relevant advisories to business/support units and other AML/CFT teams on
matters arising from reviews and investigations conducted by the unit.
– Perform analysis of suspicious activity/transaction reports to identify AML/CFT risk
trends to support appropriate actions to strengthen AML/CFT controls in the Group.
– Ensure proper documentation and record keeping of reviews and investigation cases
in accordance to Group standards.
– Provide inputs and support to strengthen the transaction surveillance and
intelligence operating framework and procedures across the Group.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.