Manager, Group Compliance
Posting Date: 17-Nov-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today’s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
The successful candidate will be part of the Group Compliance, AML Advisory team and the key responsibilities are as follows:
• As the subject matter expert, this individual will provide advice/collaborate with Business and AML Business Compliance officers in the development of AML controls, processes and procedures to ensure risks are effectively identified and mitigated.
• Reviews and contributes to the maintenance of Group AML/CFT policies and procedures to ensure its effectiveness and relevancy to laws, regulations and best practices.
• Provide consistent advice, interpretation and implementation of Group AML/CFT procedure.
• Provide key updates on AML/CFT related matters to the respective business forums and committees.
• Work alongside Business and Business Compliance Officer in the management of AML/CFT controls and risk
• Monitors development on related AML/CFT laws, regulations and risk trends
• Handles MAS, internal and external audits.
• Provide support and participate in AML/regulatory-related projects.
• Any other support as required by the Group Head of AML from time to time.
• Degree or professional qualification in business or banking/financial services related areas
• Has minimum 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in AML/CFT/Sanction compliance function
• Excellent research skill including experience with online research tools and databases
• Good knowledge/understanding of banking and financial services laws & regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products & systems
• Ability to work effectively, under pressure, in a rapid changing environment, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of a dynamic team
• A team player, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Possesses good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work on multiple assignments
• Self-driven, meticulous and able to operate expeditiously
• Having a professional AML-related certification is an advantage
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.