Posting Date: 30-Sep-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Reporting to the Section Head for Custody and Investment Operations Centre, this person will have the responsibility to provide daily operational support and be involved in new product implementations and process automation initiatives.
He/she is expected to:
Manage corporate action related activities such as :
– Extraction/processing of Corporate Action (CA) announcements, meetings and market news for dissemination to designated business units/customers.
– Processing of Proxy Voting instructions from customers and list of beneficial owners as required under Section 137F & 137X, Securities & Futures Act (Chapter 289) for relevant share companies.
– Handle processing on Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Action Events
– Processing of scripless conversion requests from customers or business units.
– Handle share registration
– Handle regulatory reporting to Department of Statistics
– Handle business unit/customers’ enquiries on CA events announced and processed
– Ensure that all CA activites are carried out expeditiously and within the regulatory guidelines required.
– Work with the Section Head/Head of custody in the review of new product proposals from Business Units, including evaluating of system gaps, operations related documentation (including training materials), coordinating from system testing till implementation with respective stakeholders.
– Provide cross team operational coverage, adhere to processing KPIs, Service Levels and compliant with internal controls and various legislation, regulations and bank policies.
– In-depth understanding of product parameters, policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements on domestic and global market operations.
– Undertake process and system enhancements to achieve optimum productivity and process efficiency.
– Good knowledge of custody operations workflows.
– Carry out management reporting and any other assignments as given by Department Head and Division Head
What are the Skills/Technical Ability required?
1.Good knowledge of MAS and SGX regulatory requirements.
2.Good communication and written skills.
3.Good analytical and problem solving skills.
4.Good knowledge of corporate actions for local and foreign markets
What are the Attributes/Personality traits required?
1.Hardworking and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
2.Ability to grasp issues and provide solutions.
3.Confidence in handling customers.
Work Experience Desired (No of years, industry type, function)
1.At least 6-8 years in a banking operations environment, preferably in securities operations.
2.Experience in driving initiatives and change implementations
3.Equipped with knowledge/materials to ensure competency in job
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.