In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the best customer experience in the Android app, including design, robust technical solution implementation, testing, and documentation. You will have ownership of a product that has thousands of daily active users. The ideal candidate is an expert in Android programming with experience in iOS and other mobile technologies, with strong opinions on backend APIs, user experience & scalable component driven design.
We are looking for world class engineer and a leader who has a passion to create, is highly ambitious and willing to work hard to achieve great things.
As a Lead Android Engineer you will:
• Work as part of a small team that has ownership of a product, an important initiative or part of the business. You’ll need to have superb communication skills and thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
• Learn the business and get close to users and customers and build close relationships with the business stakeholders for your domain.
• Design, implement and test robust features on the Android App. Write clean code that’s testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Code you can be proud of.
• Mentor & train junior engineers in the team on adopting right engineering practices.
• Have the opportunity to and be expected to innovate and demonstrate your creativity. Do you have ideas on how to improve the customer shopping experience or effectively use a new technology? Can you find a way to do what others thought impossible?