BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific –
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
As the first line of defense, the mission of PCA is to ensure the existence and efficiency of an operational permanent control framework within WM Asia, in compliance with regulatory obligations, instructions/guidelines from WMHO & WM Management
• Acts as Regional Permanent Control Correspondents for Wealth Management covering both Hong Kong & Singapore.
• Provide regular reporting to Regional Wealth Management (WM) & Head Office Permanent Control correspondents on the overall level of permanent control of WM in Hong Kong & Singapore.
• Acts as Regional Permanent Control Steering Committee Meeting Facilitators for WM in Hong Kong & Singapore.
• Coordinate the periodic meetings of the Regional Permanent Control Steering Committee.
• Provide regular reporting updates on the implementation status on all inspections & audit recommendation received by WM in Asia.
• Acts as Internal Controllers involved in the assessment of the quality of the WM’s internal processes & procedures in Hong Kong & Singapore.
• Conduct 2nd level internal control reviews on key control processes of WM Hong Kong & Singapore, providing recommendations to enhance the quality of the WM’s internal process & procedures.
• Ensure the consistency & compliance of the regional internal control framework with HO & regional customized standards.
This role is responsible for KSPs in the Financial Instrument Selling Process , covering Selling process, Suitability and Cross Border Activities rules
1. KSP – KSP Domain Lead in Financial Instrument Selling Process , covering Selling process, Suitability
1.1 KSP checks, documentation and reporting
(a) Ensure that KSP checks are executed in accordance with HO / Local guidelines.
– Where there are deviations to guidelines, ensure these are appropriately approved and documented
(b) To apply the KSP methodology, complete the planning/results template (approach, source, sampling)
– Incidents/Audit Reports Recos and Findings – consider possible implications
– Set a timeframe for completion of KSP (end to end)
– Formalize methodology with the Domain Lead / Section Head / Head of PCA
(c) Ensure test results are well supported
(d) Review results with Section Head / Head of PCA
(e) Ensure timely communication, escalation, summary emails
(f) Update RM scoreboard and related HO reporting
(g) PCA folders to be updated promptly
2. Supervise the daily KSP work of the domain controller(s)
i. KSP Control Plan
• Conduct and report on KSP results of designated 2nd Level Control Reviews in accordance with Permanent Control framework and Internal Control Plan.
• Collating raw data and information and meetings with relevant colleagues, conduct the tests and data analysis to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of the internal controls.
• Identify, communicate and report discrepancies, deficiencies and exceptions/issues, and remedy the identified issues and weaknesses.
• Complete and maintain adequate and proper testing documentation and working papers to substantiate work done
ii. Direct contribution to Permanent control framework
• Facilitate staff awareness of operational risk issues to enhance risk culture and behavioral changes at all level of the business.
• Provide subject matter expertise on specified KSP themes and contribute to the implementation of the related permanent controls policies and procedure in the day-to-day business activities.
• Assist to maintain the consistency and compliance of the Regional internal control framework with the regulatory and Group standard.
iii. Co-ordination, Communication and Reporting
• Provide administrative support in inputting internal/external audit issues and recommendations in system.
• Perform any miscellaneous management reporting and administration functions of the Department, when required, e.g. involved in the co-ordination of Internal Audit, thematic audit, maintenance of agreements and WM authorized signatories booklets upon requests by departments.
• Participate in bank’s initiatives/ad-hoc projects and improvise on control implementation.
Support and execute any-ad-hoc requests/reporting in relation to permanent controls from management, front office, regulators and Head Office.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Relevant control experience in Investment products Selling process and Suitability, Cross Border Activities and Country Rules
• 5 to 10 years of experience in Operational Risk or Audit or Compliance, 1st or 2nd line of defence, in the area of Investment Product selling process, Suitability, Cross Border Activities rules
• Good PC skills, Visual Basic (VBA) skills will be an advantage
• Understanding of the WM business procedures and policies, product knowledge, related risk of the process and products, and the relevant risk mitigation and controls procedures.
• Good analytical and documentation skills in the documentation of KSP review results with accuracy and quality.
• Team player, Mature and independent
• Meticulous, Able to work independently
• Staff supervision experience
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Languages : English, Cantonese (written in Traditional Chinese, spoken), Chinese