As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Our Asset Movement Engine (AME) Platform underpins the Investment Bank, Treasury and Custody businesses. AME moves billions of dollars of cash and securities between JP Morgan and it’s counterparts and clients on a daily basis and is driven by innovators like you who create technology solutions that allow us to work more efficiently and help our businesses grow by delivering value. Globally, our team of agile technologists thrives in a fast paced environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions. Our platform processes millions of transactions every day, and therefore you will be focused on scalable, fault tolerant and high resilient development in the leading global financial services provider.
As a successful candidate, you will:
• Handle deployment operations for all environments.
• Application support for all environments as part of a DevOps culture.
• Collaborate with the production management team to safely deploy applications to the production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards, and ensure application and system stability.
• Collaborate with many lines of business technology teams and across the organization.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 8 years of hands-on Java development experience
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
• Expertise in Core Java, TDD, BDD, Spring framework, Messaging, SQL, Unix shell scripts.
• Knowledge of settlement process or SWIFT is a plus.
• Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
• “Can do” attitude, which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
• Understand business requirements, translate them in to small features and build them with TDD and BDD.
• Manage day to day issues reported, working closely with end users, operate staffs and infrastructure team to resolve application issues.
• Drive the project progress for the deliverables. In our small agile team, developers talk directly to operational users and other BAs for requirements. You will be developing great communication and project management skills on top of the technical skills.
• Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
• Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance.