As part of the Technology Service Delivery group, the Project Manager holds the overall responsibility and accountability for IT project management for Consumer Banking domain. He/she should work in partnership with transaction banking users, finance, operations and technology to deliver projects to agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality.
– Prepare project feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and proposals and obtain required approvals from appropriate IT management and project sponsors
– Establish project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assign tasks
– Identify, track and communicate project progress, milestones, deliverables changes and dependencies within the schedule, costs, issues and risks
– Manage team’s performance of project tasks, provide technical advice and guidance, schedule assignments and training for development, prepare performance appraisals
– Coordinate project activities across multiple development, product management, user experience and QA teams in a matrix organization
– Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables or revisions to the project from the project sponsor and stakeholders
– Manage vendor relationship and deliverables
– Evaluate and recommend purchases of software packages, hardware and service vendors where appropriate
– Ensure work deliverables are in compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements.
– Plan for and oversee preparation of documentation of each project phase (business requirements, functional specification, project plan, test strategy, test plan, etc), training and support in new/modified applications.
– Knowledge in Consumer Banking Product/Process is essential
– Experience in digital banking will be an added advantage
– Understanding of technical aspects of system integration in a mix technology environment.
– Tertiary education required
– 8 years in project management in IT in investment bank delivering projects exceeding S$ 1 mil
– Certification or formal training in project management is an advantage
– Self starting with excellent leadership and team building skills
– Ability to resolve complex problems creatively
-Experience in managing senior stakeholders.