MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
We’re a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (GSIP) Venture Capital and Growth Equity team has invested more than $6 billion in private opportunities globally. The team partners with entrepreneurs to build disruptive businesses and, since 2003, has invested in over 100 private transactions, including Uber, Facebook, SMS Assist, Spotify, Pinterest, thredUP, Delivery Hero, Ring and Compass. The GSIP Venture Capital and Growth Equity team is located in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Mumbai.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Associate will be based in Singapore and will source, execute and monitor private investments across Southeast Asia and China. Specifically, he/she will:
• lead the investment diligence process and manage multiple work-streams
• analyze and execute transactions in the portfolio
• perform industry/sector and company analysis
• conduct valuation analysis and financial forecasting
• meet with management teams, industry experts and internal GS groups to help source new ideas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Strong quantitative and finance skills (with an emphasis on valuation and corporate finance), strong transactional experience, and an outstanding record of professional and academic achievement
• Passion for technology-enabled businesses disrupting the status quo
• Private equity, investment banking, consulting, or research experience
• Demonstrable interest in investing
• Motivated, hardworking team player
• Fluency in both English and Mandarin a must
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.