You will be required to –
• Lead the risk management functions of the local branch of the Bank across 3 key areas namely credit risk & recovery, operation risk and market & liquidity risk.
• Review and endorse credit proposals within the credit reporting and monitoring framework and ensure these comply with various external and internal stakeholders.
• Monitor and implement the Group credit policies and standards and ensure that these regulate the risk assets under control
• Assist Group Chief Risk Officer in implementing the policies and guidelines under the ERM framework and other key risk monitoring and related projects.
• Review and implement requirements pertaining to credit risk recognition and credit management framework including follow-up actions to credit rating.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of information pertaining to risk management functions to relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute proactively to risk related projects and initiatives pertaining to stress testing and risk management and reporting.
• Contribute to system implementation projects in the credit risk space by providing design inputs particularly with regard to credit risk recognition and measurement.
Areas of Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong understanding of credit analysis, risk management principles and practices
• Good understanding of evolving regulatory guidelines in the credit and risk management space
• Strong capability to engage with internal and external stakeholder on professional discussion relating to the management of risks in the lines of business, industries and geographical landscape in which the Bank operates
• Exposure to limit/collateral system management, credit and liquidity risk modelling is desirable
• At least 10 to 15 years of relevant banking experience in the credit risk management domain at management level.
• A recognised university degree in Finance, Business or Economics
• Post graduate qualification e.g. CFA and FRM preferable.
• Self-motivated and strong leadership attributes
• Effective people management and relationship skills
• Hands-on attitude and willingness to work across functional lines