– Daily Accounting
• Handle accounting for assigned simple to moderate complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
• Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
– Month End Tasks
• Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned simple to moderate complex funds.
• Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation (“ME pack”) fully supported with source documentation.
• Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
• Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
– Price Products
• Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
• Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
– Other responsibilities
• Prepare yearend audit packs
• Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
• Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
• Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.
University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
• 0-2 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
• Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks
• Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
• Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
• Audit/Control Minded
• Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
• Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred