The Analyst/Developer role is a delivery focused desk side developer in our Gas, Power and LNG trading environment, working on analytics decision support systems, and pricing and reporting applications. A large proportion of the work will be in the data acquisition and trading analytics space and can range from developing and configuring web scraping tools to creating data transformation and processing solutions with a strong focus on MS Excel and VBA. In addition there will be development using web and shell scripting technologies, as well as some development on the .Net stack.
• Provide enhanced system support with London in a ‘follow the sun’ model for the GTEL Front Office.
• Support, configure and develop web scraping solutions and scripts.
• Assist with innovative ideas for data capture and transformation.
• Design, develop, test and deploy front office applications and tools.
• Contribute to the overall implementation of tactical and strategic projects
as part of the development team.
• Develop scalable, reusable components and application framework.
• Work with other developers, business analysts and testers as part of the wider team.
• Undertake analysis of systems, data flows and business processes.
• Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
• Assist with establishing an effective environment for rapid application development.
Essential experience and job requirements
• Experience as analyst developer using predominantly Windows technologies.
• Experience programming in VBA with the MS Office suite of applications.
• Experience with object oriented programming (for example, Java, C++ or C# and .NET).
• Good experience of development in database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle and
• Demonstrates structured thinking and able to breakdown a problem.
• Good communicator – clear and concise verbal and written communication
• Strong under pressure
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 92,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP’s supply and trading activities are managed by our Integrated Supply and Trading (IST) function. IST’s role in the Group is to enhance performance and maximize value for BP’s assets through the disciplined application of supply and trading insights and techniques. IST actively manages the links between assets and across supply chains, contributing to distinctiveness and competitive advantage for BP.
Our expertise and reputation is built around our people, systems and information flows. We operate across all BP’s businesses, touching
95% of the Group’s turnover, providing the commercial face of BP to the traded commodity and financial markets.
The IST Global Oil Eastern Hemisphere (GO-EH) region is the supply and trading arm of BP in the East and is the trading face of BP in the Eastern and Mid-Eastern markets. GOEH supports other BP businesses by providing a competitive supply and trading function that covers Oil, Chemicals, Power and Gas as well as a suite of risk management tools. The IST trading books in the region also generate entrepreneurial income through trading activities and the optimisation of blending and shipping operations
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.