Fraud Manager – Fraud Risk Management (ORM)
The Fraud Business Analyst is focused on supporting Fraud Risk Management (FRM) through delivering and enhancing features of the SAS Fraud Surveillance System (FSS) acquired by the Bank. The incumbent is expected to:
• Provide thought-leadership on the use data analytics as a differentiator to increase the value and effectiveness of the FSS and FRM.
• Lead and play an active role in the delivery of FRM analytics, Fraud Surveillance Unit (FSU) MIS, FSS parameter enhancements and subsequent phases of the FSS in the Bank and participating entities.
• Understand the latest fraud trends and detection techniques, with a view to integrate into the Bank’s FSS.
Work closely with FRM and FSS, and their partners, to understand current and emerging fraud trends.
Maintain a deep and thorough understanding of the capabilities of the FSS.
Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the FSS by applying statistical techniques to identify opportunities to improve the performance of the FSS. Based on the results of these analyses, create new rules or enhance the parameters of existing rules, after obtaining the appropriate approvals.
Work closely with FRM and FSS to understand existing MIS gathering and analysis capabilities, and propose and actively implement new capabilities.
Play a ‘technical consultant’ role and be recognized as a subject-matter-expert on the FSS and it’s components.
Maintain a strong understanding of the range of fraud detection/prevention techniques and capabilities in the market.
Acquire and share knowledge of other fraud monitoring systems and operational models through internal and external workshops, conferences and meetings.
Play an active role in relevant projects, which may be made up of participants within and outside of Operational Risk Management Corporate Security (ORM CS).
Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, identifying and taking on the tasks which will add value to the roles and responsibilities of FRM and FSU.
What you bring
• Independent, resourceful and enthusiastic with a high sense of integrity.
• University Degree or equivalent preferred.
• A proven track record in fraud detection/prevention analytics.
• 2 to 5 years in practical fraud management, for both consumer and corporate banking products and channels.
• Have knowledge of the financial services industry, specifically in consumer and corporate banking, with knowledge of private bank is a plus.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace. Additional language skills are advantageous for this post but not essential.
• Systematic approach with good organization and planning skills.
• Strong data analytics skills and familiarity with working with large data volumes.
• Coding experience, especially in SAS, SQL or similar.
• Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas at all levels.
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to lead and influence others.
• Able to present self in a confident and professional manner.
• Able to work under intense pressure.