Posting Date: 05-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• As part of the Trade Transformation delivery team, the position will be responsible for the delivery of Global Trade and FSCM Technology platform, managing the quality of functional delivery and ensuring the implementation of agreed functional capability
• Contribute to building expertise by mentoring, guiding and training as appropriate
• Functional lead for the roll-out of multi-country programs working closely with Intellect Delivery team and internal stakeholders across implementation, technology, FSCM on boarding teams.
• Working closely with stakeholders to develop practical domain roadmaps to move the enterprise towards the future state vision, while taking into account business, technical and delivery constraints
• Analyzing stakeholder requirements, current state architecture, and gaps to create a future state architecture vision for one or more parts of the enterprise with a focus on reduced complexity, cost efficiencies, reuse, reduced risk and/or improved business capabilities
• Reviewing problem ticket and incident to propose short term and long term resolution to fit with the domain roadmap
• Guiding and challenge the project on functional architecture, design decision and performance testing
• Reviewing non-functional requirement and proposed architecture changes to anticipate evolving non-functional requirements
• Communicating the principles, standards, vision and roadmaps to stakeholders and proactively addressing any questions / concerns identified
• Acting as a trusted advisor to stakeholders in both business and IT to assist in defining and delivering high quality solutions
• Provide thought leadership on functional architectural or other topics
• Embed Platform Thinking in everything
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
• Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory
• Good understanding of Intellect Trade, FSCM platform and experience in implementing the same in Banking Environment.
• At least 15 years’ experience in the IT industry, preferably in large, complex enterprises
• At least 8 years of experience in banking technology
• Deep experience delivering mission critical, enterprise scale IT solutions in a heterogeneous technology environment, both in-house built and 3rd party vendor products
• Experience in analysis, preparing functional specifications using modelling technics (e.g. UML, ERD, ORM, OCL) and testing experience
• Familiarity with best practice methodologies and tools for the entire solution lifecycle from ideation to requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and operations
• Familiarity with one or more formal Architecture frameworks / methodologies (TOGAF, Zachman, BIAN, etc.)
Functional Expertise Required in following domains:
• Financial Supply Chain / Open Account
• Trade Finance
• Ability to communicate complex topics in an understandable way using a level of detail and terms appropriate to the situation
• Must be a good team player and able to drive consensus amongst stakeholders with conflicting viewpoints and objectives
• People and team management in a transversal function
• Ability to effectively communicate, interact with and influence senior technical associates, business and operational partners and executives
• Work effectively within a fast-paced, cohesive architecture team and willing to learn fast and adapt quickly to change
• Possess strong understanding of business strategies and able to translate them into concrete achievable action plans
• Able to collaborate and drive motivation across a diverse slate within and across teams and can deal with difficult conversations effectively
• Owns and enhances workflows and processes, and delegates with clear accountabilities across the teams to meet objectives / outcomes
• Promotes an environment of learning and development. Understand and develop team members and others to achieve their professional growth
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.