· Monitor College and Foundation investments including relationship with investment advisors, fund managers and/or bankers
· Manage liquidity, to ensure cash is at the right time at the right place, incurring minimal costs by implementing processes and forecasting future needs
· Liaise with advisors, fund managers to ensure investment activities are appropriately documented for audit purposes
· Analyse investment and escrow activity; reports monthly portfolio management with explanations to Investment Sub-Committee
· Reconcile and monitor operating, investment and loan accounts with the fund or investment manager
· Manage College’s banking relationships: documentation requirements, processes (provisioning and managing accounts and personnel access rights/responsibilities), negotiation of favorable terms and new facilities.
· Maintain up-to date cash and bank balances reports to manage cash flow including record keeping and reporting
· Produces cash flow forecasting through sound understanding of operational variables to anticipate the College and Foundation’s funding needs
· Constantly seek to optimize the College and Foundation available cash through forecast and investment allocation
Financial Planning and Analysis
· Support the Senior Finance Manager in business partnering with the Foundation Team and other budget holders if needed
· Manage the allocation, reporting and usage of the funds that Foundation directs towards the College (i.e scholarship and foundation funded projects)
· As a member of the FP&A Team, contribute to prepare materials for FIC, FIDC and Board meetings
· Support the Senior Finance Manager to report to the Investment Committees concerning market conditions, funding issues, returns on investment, cash-related risks, and similar topics.
· Participate into budget and LRP plan development
· Collaborates with Finance team to ensure consistency and best practices roll out in area of responsibility
· Assist in any ad-hoc FP&A or Treasury task or project as assigned
· Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
· Preferably a CPA, Certified treasury professional (CTP) and/or Chartered financial analyst (CFA) certifications – completed or in process
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of FP&A experience including hands on treasury experience in managing investment in a professional business environment required
· Knowledge of SAGE Finance systems will be a plus
· Excellent Good verbal and written skills to be able to communicate with the Community
· Good excel skills and familiarity with financial reporting tools
· Motivated self-starter, curious, resourceful and independent; keen to learn with the ability to collaborate with management and functional departments
· Well-organized and capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
· Strong business integrity and holds sensitive information in confidence
Apply via our job portal by Monday, 19 July 2021
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.