Executive Director, Transformation Delivery (Data and Privacy Transformation Programme)
The Data Management and Privacy Operations team is part of a newly formed ‘1st line’ centre of excellence under Group COO – Trust, Data & Resiliency. The COE includes the Data and Privacy Transformation Team.
The Executive Director, Transformation Delivery is a hands-on leadership position, responsible for the effective delivery of the Data and Privacy Transformation Programme (both technical and non-technical workstreams).
The role will be responsible for managing enterprise-level change deliverables, in the role of a “Change Leader”, across multiple geographies, technologies and processes.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Providing Execution Leadership
· Identify and secure resources and expertise (both internal and external) to enable timely execution of workstream milestones.
· Leads multiple squads to ensure effective execution of Programme deliverables (directly and indirectly leading teams of specialists and change agents).
· Leads, prioritises and manages delivery so that Programme timeframes, KPIs and Milestones are achieved.
· Leads the preparation, review and reporting of project progress against: (i) agreed milestones; and (ii) achievement of benefits against strategy-driven targets
· Leads continual re-alignment and prioritisation of the programme plan to assure delivery of stated benefits
· Leads the adoption of new ways of working in respect of data and privacy management.
· Leads the identification, assessment and monitoring of programme risks, and effective management of programme risks.
· Leads the development and implementation of change and adoption plans, to minimise change risks to current operations and commercial objectives.
· Leads the identification of emerging risks and potential roadblocks to successful and early implementation
· Provide strong proactive governance and management of the programme, project and deliverable plans, interdependencies, risks and issues with proactive action and resolution in order to maintain programme level timelines, milestones, cost, quality and scope
Leading Strategic Delivery and Risk Reduction
· Implements transformational change which supports an environment of digital innovation and best practice, ensuring the effective use of data and privacy enhancing technologies across the Group
· Provide thought leadership and support and challenge to ensure the programme achieves its risk reduction objectives.
· Create and embed a prioritisation approach to the development of innovation roadmaps with relevant processes, tools and metrics to support business objectives and risk elimination and mitigation opportunities
· Grow trust with internal stakeholders and regulators by delivering best practice on data management and privacy management
· Drive large scale organisational agile transformation successfully, through measurable metrics
· Partner closely with Technology and Business teams to ensure successful implementation of IT transformation enablers.
· Leads integration of transformation initiatives into business as usual.
Developing Capability and Supporting Success
· Promotes new thinking, creative solutions and embed new ways of working across the Transformation team to ensure timely and effective delivery of the programme milestones including management of financial and operational risks.
· Promotes lean start-up product development mindset and behaviours at scale
· Facilitate the on the job learning from current & previous experience by identifying and communicating transferable lessons, helping to embed these lessons, and encouraging best practice across the Transformation Team.
Business, Functions, and Regions
· Maintain full oversight of business demand & strategy including related projects (planned and inflight projects) to ensure alignment across various stakeholder groups
· Manage programme level business influence, stakeholder management and people change management across the Group to win hearts and minds and gain positive momentum and support for successful transformation and change acceptance
· Partner closely with Client Journeys to successfully integrate data management and privacy into client journeys.
· Leads integration of transformation initiatives into business as usual.
· Ensure robust financial governance and control
· Ensure the creation of a timely and accurate reporting to internal risk assurance teams & appropriate forums and committees
· Ensure appropriate oversight to senior management and facilitate resolution of high impact risk and issues
Leadership, People, and Talent
· Practice a proactive self-orienting and self-motivating work ethic.
· Provide strong leadership, management, and coaching
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations, and work in collaboration with internal & external stakeholders.
· Regularly share lessons learnt and best practice in a timely manner with stakeholder groups across businesses/functions/regions
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Regulatory and Business Conduct
· Role model exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values, Valued Behaviours, and Code of Conduct
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Group COO – Trust, Data, and Automation
· Chief Data Officer
· Global Head – Data Management & Privacy
· Chief Data Protection Officer
· Head – ICS, Business & Functions
· Global Head of Assurance – Cyber, Data & Automation
· 2nd line Risk & Compliance
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS: Training, licenses, memberships, and certifications
· Degree or Masters’ Degree from recognized university ideally in a Computer related discipline
· More than 10 years of working experience with at least 5 years leadership experience in delivery and project management (experience managing large technical teams will be an advantage)
· Proven experience in designing, evaluating, and implementing large technology solutions and delivering large scale change.
· Proven experience of providing strategic and technical leadership (experience managing multi geography and multi-disciplinary teams is an advantage)
· Detailed understanding of Information Security, Privacy, Data Management & Records Management including working knowledge of global data protection laws and practices
· Knowledge of the contemporary digital landscape of organisations and experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams to drive sustainable improvements in business performance
· Experience working at senior level leading large scale technology projects (including engineering, solution design and complex implementations)
· Ability to commit up to 10% business travel
· Strong work background in Data related or technology role within international financial services or technology organisations.
· Previous exposure managing data risks including data protection & privacy, data handling and data classification including (but not limited to) Data and application protection, cross border data restrictions, data classification, data discovery, data governance, data loss prevention, back-up/recovery, and retention etc.
Do the right thing: Be brave, be the change; Think client; Live with integrity
Never Settle : Continuously improve and innovate; Simplify; Learn from your successes and failures
Better together: See more in others; How can I help? Build for the long term
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .