Executive Director, Head of Business Delivery & Change Management, Group Retail
Posting Date: 17-Nov-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Transformation & COO Office is the enabler to achieve the business goals across the 3 business units of Group Retail – Personal Financial Services, Business Banking and Private Banking.
Group Retail has 13 strategic programs that cover customer touchpoints (digital and omnichannel), core product capabilities (cards, wealth, business banking) in addition to data and productivity programs. Each program has embarked on the new ways of working which is on the journey to develop empowered, cross-functional teams.
The Transformation Office is the central role that maintain the cadence with each program, and brings together the interdependencies across programs.
1) Lead the team to manage the Retail Change Advisory Board (RCAB) process to consolidate and prioritise Group Retail needs for technology changes.
• IT Capex and Opex Budget management: Optimise budget deployment to ensure complete alignment with business goals as approved by RCAB.
• Project management: Work with team to manage and implement projects and change request on agreed scope, budget and timeline.
• Payback monetization: Working with Business Finance, drive and monitor realization of business KPIs as approved at RCAB, TPWC, ITC.
• Regional deployment: oversight on applicability of Change Requests for all markets to ensure integrity of regional systems
2) In collaboration with Transformation teams, support COO to connect dependencies across programs and BAU change.
• Ideation: understand business drivers, UOB’s systems and external changes to propose new product development needs
• Inter-dependencies: support Transformation Head to plan dependencies across programs and with BAU change undertaken by the Business Change team.
3) Change Management: Lead the team to change current waterfall technology deployments to incorporate more agile methodologies
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant discipline
• Experience of having worked effectively at senior level with proven skills in understanding and responding to technology changes and diverse perspectives.
• Technology implementation experience preferred (whether as project manager on business, or having worked directly in technology space)
• Exceptional stakeholder management to bridge business needs and technology
• Demonstrated success in developing highly effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver collaboration, partnerships and services
• Deep retail banking experience
• Strong leadership to drive change with existing team and adopt more agile methodologies
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.