SC Ventures (SCV) spearheads the bank’s innovation across the Group. Included in SCV’s mandate will be to invest in FinTech’s and other start-up companies, promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models. SCV will work with businesses and functions across the Group in three key areas of eXellerator, investments, and venture
Develop a new platform (greenfield project) from scratch.
Design, Develop, test, deploy and run on K8s
• Java spring boot
• Mentor and coach junior developers
• Hands-on coding, develop high quality code while meeting deadlines
• Design and occasional implementation of POCs
• Provide unit testing and load testing
• Working in highly collaborative, fun loving team using Agile methodology
• Creating challenging application using Java from ground-up
• “Write code for others, not for yourself” – your code will be visible to thousands of developers
Knowledge & Skills
• 7+ years Java server-side development experience with decent understanding of core design patterns.
• Hands on experience in Java 8 and above
• knowledge of GIT, branching strategies, build and deployment pipelines
• Experience of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Experience with SQL and nosql databases
• Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and
Continuous Integration (CI)
• Knowledge of consuming and providing REST APIs
• Knowledge of Kubernetes
• Knowledge of API gateways
• Knowledge of Oauth is plus
• Experience of scala and SPARK is a plus
• Knowledge of retail banking is a plus
• Cloud knowledge a big plus (AWS/GCP/terraform)
• Be nice, respectful, able to work in a team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .